Nervous wreck

ktea

Why am I such a nervous wreck? I feel like a socially inept freak. I can't step outside my house if there are people walking down the street, or if I see the neighbors outside. I get nervous and it freaks me out! I also get really iffy when people come over. >___< I seriously hide in my room until they leave. Oh yeah, and there's the phone. Dear god how I hate the phone. I don't want to answer it, I don't want to have to make any calls. I can't ask someone for something without anticipating it or agonizing over it. If I do manage, my voice sounds shaky and weak. And saying a simple "thank you" makes me wanna pull out my hair. I feel anxious when people do things for me and things just feel awkward for me. I mutter "umm..." and feel like a total idiot. I'm tired of being lonely. I don't want to be lonely. I want to have friends to hang out with, and confide in about boys and other things... like a normal fifteen-year-old girl. I'm so fucking pathetic and everyone knows it.

Helyna

I'm going to go psychoanalytic on you... it's not you talking, it's your anxiety. You're letting it take over your thought process. "I'm so fucking pathetic and everyone knows it." you say, but I can guarantee that fewer people notice than you think! "I feel like a socially inept freak." Yeah, you have problems, but don't be so harsh on yourself. A lot of it is the way you were born or raised. It's not your fault. Try thinking a bit more positively.

Why are you a "nervous wreck?" Because you have severe social phobia! You anticipate feeling nervous, you're afraid of the phone... yes, exactly. Do your parents know/understand? Because you need help. Nobody wants to be lonely. That's the worst feeling in the world! You need to do something.

Oh, and if you want to chat or anything... I'm seventeen and my SA is pretty minor, but I understand and at least you'd have someone close to your age to talk to... If you want...

Lexmark

Why am I such a nervous wreck? I feel like a socially inept freak. I can't step outside my house if there are people walking down the street, or if I see the neighbors outside.
Ask yourself why do you feel this way ?

Social_Moth

Sounds to me like a good ol' fear of rejection.

Social anxiety is one thing, but it seems like you still worry a ton about what other people make of your problem. Sooner or later you'll realize how much that aspect doesn't matter, and people really aren't looking for you to screw up. Accept yourself, and hang around those who accept you. Anxiety or not. ;)

I'm not trying to plug a site....but on videojug.com there are videos about social anxiety, panic disorder etc. I watched a bunch this morning and they were informative. I have the same problem myself and I know what you are going thru. The most important thing is to remember that it is not your fault, you can't control it. Just like a diabetic needs insulin or a person with bad kidneys needs dialysis, you may just need medical management of your problem. You are not alone and don't give up hope. There is nothing wrong with you that cannot be fixed. I bet you are a really fun, caring person on the inside...getting help with your problem will allow you to be that person on the outside too!!

slimjim119

Your only fifteen years old. You have your whole life ahead of you. Now is the time to seek help. As others have mentioned, SA is a condition that can be treated. Mental health is just as important as physical health. You need to have a serious discussion with your parents and let them know how your feeling. Don't delay.

I have been miserable at times, but my SA is not as serious as some on this site. At fifteen you should be getting some enjoyment out of life.