Negative self image... rant

kya

I absolutely hate my body and my appearance. I've been really sick & I don't feel attractive at all anymore and I really don't want to live my life looking like this. I have break downs at my job on a regular basis because I'm so humiliated by and disgusted with my appearance. My life goals are pretty much dust slipping through my fingers at this point and I love my soul... But I hate this shell... I hate myself. I wish I was someone else every day. I used to feel beautiful and now I'm lower than low. Idk what to do anymore... I just hate myself & I wish this would change but I think I'm going to be hideous my whole life... This is really destroying me...

slimjim119

I'm sorry you feel this way about yourself. I'm sure they are just irrational thoughts. You should definitely consider therapy and consulting a professional.

kya

Definitely... I agree. Thanks for the support , slimjim! My post sounds pretty graceless... I know my life is pretty good and that this probably is so shallow but its just how I feel. Thanks again.

Last edited:

arjuna

What do you think the origin of your worry is? Do you think it is a reflection of something negative in your life? Do you really think that you are objectively physically ugly? Do you have a partner? How important do you think looks are in life?