Need advice

I go to school with this really cute girl that I've seen around a couple times and always thought she was kind of checking me out but I never really had anything to say to her. Now she works at the same place I work and we talked for about five minutes or so just about school, work, etc. I was getting a really good vibe the first time I talked to her but lately we don't really talk much. I always make sure to say "hey" or whatever when I see her but I don't feel the same vibe. I was thinking about asking her to go eat lunch one but I'm really not so sure now. I really hate being sad about it though and I know the only way to not be sad about it would be just to go ahead and ask her but I was going to get a few other opinions.

klytus

Or just don't. -- Given that you can't think of anything to say, it's likely that there are significant differences between you. Though, to clarify that point, I'd invite her for a drink, or a coffee, at some neutral location and talk to her about her life and interests to see if there's something important that you two have in common.

NothingElseMatters

if you delay asking her too much time it will get akward when you decide to do it..so if you have the courage do it soon;)

Last edited:

Anubis

Imagine an inescapable deadly poison is going to seep into your store and kill you instantly on contact (or a wiley murderer is going to shoot you point blank, whatever scares the shit out of you more). And you only have 30 minutes to live life before it happens. Then ask her out.

It sounds stupid, but it sometimes works for me lol. But you really have to internalize the fear. If you do it just right, you'll forget about your fears/anger/anxiety and instantly become fixated on the approach (after all, you're gonna die anyway, so your brain will want to go out with a bang).

JCS008

I don't think that sounds stupid at all Anubis. Sometimes it takes pressure for you to overcome your fear and go after what you want. I had a crush on this girl in junior high, and I never had the courage to say anything to her. I'd go to dances with friends, and I never had the courage to ask her to dance either. At our final dance in 8th grade, it was the last slow song of the night, and all my other friends worked up the courage to ask the girls they liked to dance. So here I was alone, and with the pressure of being the only loser without a girl to dance with, I finally got up the courage to ask her to dance and she said yes.

After this was all said and I done, I never know if I would have been able to date her, but it wasn't until the pressure was too much that I finally gained the courage to ask her to dance. I know it seems ridiculous many years later, but its something I always remember about how pressure and being at you last opportunity will get you to gain the courage you need to handle a situation.

If you want to ask her for lunch, say it to her. I'm sure you''ll feel better if she says no or yes. Once you've done that then the ice has broken. You could also keep saying hi to her. The vibe you're not getting back might be because she's busy or has other stuff on her mind.

SilentType

Banned
Yeah there is now way of knowing what she thinks unless you make that first step and ask her out. If not, oh well, there are plenty more girls out there. But if she agrees, then you've got yourself a date pal. That vibe feeling you describe often leads to good things.

Peace