Need Advice (Please Check This)

Mr. Mxyzptlk

I'm gonna have a meeting with a counselor from my college in 1 hour, should i tell her that i have SA problem? Problem is, i don't want my parents to know that i have SA, i don't wanna risk it by sharing my SA problem with the counselor because she can possibly tell my parents about it, but i want to get this off my chest so bad, and also SA is the main cause of horrible grade that i got recently, i couldn't concentrate well when studying in class with so many students, even at home i couldn't pay attention well to the materials i read, i don't know why. The reason i will meet the counselor is because there is a rule that each semester students must meet their counselor, so i can't avoid this meeting. What should i do? Sorry my english is not good, it's not the main languange here, i hope you understand what i'm saying.

lunarla

I'm fairly positive that the counselor cannot tell anyone, even your parents, about personal information you tell them. Unless it's about suicide or something. Telling about your SA would be confidential. If you added that you wouldn't want it to be told to anyone else, I'm sure your counselor would comply.

Mr. Mxyzptlk

I hope you're right, since this is my first counseling ever i have no clue at all what i'm gonna be facing, maybe i should tell her after all. Thanks for your input.