Need Advice on Living Arrangement

Horatio

Ok well there are a lot of people here who's opinions I respect so fire me some advice please.

Here is my predicament... I need to move out of my current place because I want somewhere closer to town. Ive found a place but im weighing up the positives and negatives and dont have much time to make a decision.

Its an inner city apartment in an old building that used to be an accounting office. There are 5 bedrooms, I'd be living with 3 chicks aged 18 - 26 and the other room is to be filled. One of the others is moving out in Feb. I havent met any of the people Id be living with, they are all out of town.

NEGATIVES

- it will be cold in winter
- there is no dryer and no laundrymat in town so I'd have to dry clothes on the roof
- the place is pretty run down
- the kitchen is a bit of shambles, dodgy looking oven etc
- I have no idea what the people will be like
- its a 12 month lease, but then again nearly everywhere in this city is
- because it is a little run down I might be embarrassed to take a girl back there if I ever met one

POSITIVES

- it is rediculasly cheap (Approx 25 of your British Pounds or US$38 per week)
- it is slap bang in the middle of town... within stumbling distance from all the local clubs/pubs/taverns and just round the corner from my office
- Id save on transport costs, can walk to supermarket etc
- living with randoms might be daunting but would hopefully help me meet more people and get out a bit more
- the place although rather rugged has a kind of weird Bohemian charm. its three stories high with an old staircase up the middle
- access to a private rooftop

any advice peoples? Im nervous as hell but want to have a kick ass 2007

tommydog

hi horatio

to me it sounds great id take it. I dont think any of your "negatives" are a big deal. Except maybe the anticipation of who your hosemates are, but i gather your in a situation were you will always have to have housemates.

i reckon you could do worse than 3 young woman though ... woe is you horatio wanna swap places mate ? :lol:

good luck with it i hope you make the right decision, and hope you do have a kick ass 2007 !

dzerklis

Horatio, youd be living with 3 chicks! dont waste such opportunity, who knows maybe one of them is your potential soulmate;)

Horatio

hmm cheers for the advice guys. for those that care, here is what happened...

I was really in two minds about it so when they texted me to ask if I wanted the room I put off replying, and when my current landlord called to ask when I was moving out I didnt take the call... I saw a new ad online so called up right away, went to check the place out during my lunch break and that afternoon they got back to say the room is mine!

Horatio now has a room in an inner city bohemian apartment above a night club!

my rational is that if I want to get out and meet people then I might as well stop pussy footing in the shallows and just jump into the deep end. (and now I can go out on the town and not have to get a cab home)

bring on 2007 :p