nedd help from you!!

Marlene

hello!
I am 23 years old student from Europe and been suffering from SF for a long time. At college in the begining i could speak at class a to some extent even do presentation. then at on of these presentation people laught at me and would not stop thru entire 20 minutes. after that for the next 2year i have not give any presentation and i could not speak in class if professor ask me anything. it was complete hell for me, and the fear was horrible. i am going to therapy for a year and three months now but my SF or fear has not reduced. my therapist is trained in gestalt therapy. i am dissapointed in the results and thinking of trying something else.

The biggest problem now is that I HAVE TO DO 10 PRESENTATIONS AS A
LAST EXAM TO GRADUATE!! AND I HAVE NOT DONE IT FOR A 2.5 YEARS NOW, I AM SO AFRAID.
i dont now what to do, my therapist does not give me usseful information or any tipes of techniques like in CBT in therapy. she is focused more on what am i feeling and thinking but i want to change my beliefes!! i am taking Xanax but it does not help much.

other problems associated with SF does not bother me so much wright now because i have to do this presentation and i am thinking of it all the time.
my biggist fear is that people will see that i am nervous and will think that i am not whorty, that i am just miserable pi.. of sh....!!
i guess that is what i think of myself because i am ashamed of my SF and of who i am!
if you have any advice it would help !!!!!

Pitrus

Im a 20 year old Student from Europe also and am living in US currently.
I had same problem in high school and i fought the problem and somehow went through all the shame and fear. Now that im done with high school im in college i just pick classes that are eazy, what is bad for me couse i wil never graduate pfobly drop school and end up on a street taking drugs and dead in few years. I feel misreable just like u i know the feeling, when i used to give presentations people used to laugh saying they cant understand me so i just told them to shut the hell up what made me fail me presentation. One thing that worked for me in giving presentations in Power Point and dark room. If u can in any chance do the PowerPoint then u shouldnt have a problem with that.

I am liek u and even worse. DOnt worry head up.
U have prooven urself strong just by finishing the college.
Im typing here couse i dont want to run out of the posts today.

Marlene

i cannot give it in Power Point because i have to give lecture with some help of notes. it is because i´m going to college to be proffesore in highschool!! WHAT IRONY!
i know how humiliating it is when everybody laughs at you and you have to be calm and talk. it is awful! if feel like a failure because nobody is like me, and this is going to be my profession but i cannot imagine myself doing it ever.

so, four year of college for nothing!!!!

Try to find a therapist that knows Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Or do ACT on your own through some self-help ACT workbooks like: The Worry Trap - How to free yourself from worry and anxiety using ACT. ACT has helped me a lot, hopefully it can help you too.