Name Calling

LittleMissScareAll

Yes. That's mainly how I was bullied...name calling, and people saying other things to me that hurt...sometimes I think that's worse than physical stuff...I was only really physically hurt badly once...a couple of idiot girls pulled my chair out from under me and made me hit my head on a table. But I was called names & talked bad about pretty much every day, and I still hate the people who hurt me physically & mentally. I had to see 2 of those girls who made my life hell during school, the other night...I hadn't seen them in forever. It kinda made me feel better to see them though. They're both hideously ugly now, and one has a huge butt. :D

feeltherage

damn

Damn guys, Im sorry that shit happend to you. Hearing these things really just breaks my heart :cry: . I will never understand how somebody could do something like that to someone, never. I was never physically bullied, rarely verbally. Older kids tried to intemidate me, but they knew they were one touch away from getting beaten death and their corpse desicrated. That is the only thing that saved me from more abuse, my don't give a f#@$ attitude in school, and satanism (most thought I was a satanic madman). I actually had to quit school, twice.

Anonymous

For name calling and other minor bullying, sometimes it works just to ask them "why" they do it. noonr can never come up with a decent responce. It can't hurt and worth a try i think.

Anonymous

to my above post.

Dont sound like it hurts you much at all , make it seem just a anoince and makes everyone else think their a jerk.

haze

society in general fails in everything the world as a whole is quite a shit place its just better to try and see the good things. Verbal abuse is abuse but if your (emotionally) strong it should not bother you. Once it gets physical you really do have to do something about it the more you take it the more the bullies will do it because they know your going to do nothing about it.

netty73

I've been called heaps and heaps of names over the years due to my disablitiy but the worst is to be called a street kid, ferrel, criminal, drug addict and drug dealer and a prostitute by my neighbours down the road from me and to be told to die and that your not worth anything in this world and you disablied people should be shot that was said by a 15 year old boy on a chatsite was the most horrible thing that could be said to somone.

Wise words haze..

haze said:
society in general fails in everything the world as a whole is quite a shit place its just better to try and see the good things. Verbal abuse is abuse but if your (emotionally) strong it should not bother you. Once it gets physical you really do have to do something about it the more you take it the more the bullies will do it because they know your going to do nothing about it.

Hope you don't mind if i "disect" your post as it has some really good points in it

society in general fails in everything the world as a whole is quite a shit place
--> Earth could be somewhat of an idyllic place to live, for humans (& other living things) - there's just one thing that f'ing evrything up - HUMANS (aren't humans a pathetic breed of animal eh?)

Verbal abuse is abuse but if your (emotionally) strong it should not bother you
--> So true, but PLEASE, PEASE, PLEASE somebody tell me HOW to be EMOTIONALLY STRONG!!!???

Once it gets physical you really do have to do something about it the more you take it the more the bullies will do it because they know your going to do nothing about it
--> The way i handled the small amount of bullying i persoanlly faced at school, was basically to "play dead". I showed ZERO emotion, in reaction to their bullshit. I acted AS IF my feelings weren't hurt, and on most occasions my feelings WEREN'T hurt, because i was ACTING as if they weren't, and so they weren't (a case of "mind following body"). I was a "master" at not "feeling" ANYTHING at school, good or bad, which in hindsight was a symptom of my major emotional/social problems, but at the time it worked for me. Okay, i had this fear of showing any emotion/feeling to others (at school & at home & anywhere), but i also DELIBERATELY used this tactic against bullies (name-calling mainly), as, being the very logical/"brainy" person i was back then, i logically deduced that this was the best protection against them. Why is this?. Because i figured that if i TOTALLY ignored their "antics", continuing walking/whatever AS IF they hadn't "happened" to me (or immediately resuming what i was doing, if i DID happen to react a bit), then: 1) they're see no point in doing it (& so would never/seldom try again = PREVENTION better than cure), 2) I'd get my own revenge of sorts (by refusing to give them the pleasure of seeing me suffer emotionally (eg getting angry)), 3) I HATED "put-downers" having their "wicked way" with me; i REFUSED to let them SEE that they'd hurt my feelings (we all hate good things coming to our enemies; we hate enemies feeling good, especially after giving badness to us), 4) Gave them no FURTHER reason to CONTINUE their "attack" (ie if you fight-back, it angers them, & so they attack you AGAIN)
On the flip-side, all of this might have caused me to "bottle" a fair amount of anger, but if i'd had better aggression outlets back then, then i might not have had this side-effect