My visit to my G.P.........

uk_27

I saw my G.P today to seek advice about SA. This was the first time I have ever told anyone (apart from on here), that I believe I have SA. I felt terrible waiting to go in.............heart racing, hot, panicy etc.
Anyway....as I began explaining why I had come to see her I went red... :oops: At least my condition was believable! I was asked a few questions from her and answered a questionare. She said that she agreed I had SA and gave me some leaflets, a web address.........moodgym (havn't looked at this yet), and a number to call for private councelling. It has also been recommended to me to take regular exercise. There is plenty of information in the leaflets on ideas and exercises for self help techniques. If in 6 weeks, my situation hasn't improved I am to go back to my G.P. Perhaps I am pesemistic, but I have tried self help techniques before and I am still really struggling. I have spent all my life trying to help myslef and not really got anywhere.
Anyways............I realise she has to go down this path, rather then just chuck a load of pills down my neck (which I want to avoid anyway). What are other peoples experience's with visiting the doctors and councelling????

By the way..........If anyone is thinking of going to theit G.P........I would suggest you do. Just speaking to someone face to face about it who understands what your going through is quite an uplifting experince in itself. I feel I may have vastley increased my chances of progress.

Erythrocyte

Congratulations uk_27 !! :D
I remember when I went to my GP about SA/SP. I think I had just reached my limit, and though to myself "if I'd die tomorrow, would I be happy about how I had lived my life?..." the answer was a big fat NO... :? ..I hate to lose and I "CAN stand up for myself" when necessary. :x

My GP gave me the number of my psychologist... I thought I was going to die I was so nervous about making the call.
I have made dramatic improvement since I started do accept help from other people concerning my SA. I still have issues, but I generally believe I can beat this... :D

It's true that the first step is the hardest 8O but once you've taken it, it's like, "Hey, I might just be able to do this.." ;)
I think one of the keys to succes in this "SA getting-better-business" is trying to ask for help, trust the people who offer you help, and never give up.
The hardest part is over...:D I wish you the best of luck 8)....