My treatment for blushing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptembersGold19

Hey guys.
I don't know if any of you have read any of my past posts...
My blushing was so bad that I quit my job... I also wouldn't leave the house to go anywhere unless I absolutely had to... I wouldn't even go out to eat in a restaurant... I am a former heroin addict/ alcoholic... whenever I was high or drunk i noticed i would never blush... I am now on a methadone maintenance program, and since being on the methadone, I don't blush at all! I actually went out to eat in a restaurant the other day and was fine. I can go anywhere now and not have to worry about blushing! It's amazing... I know I can't be on methadone forever, but I am going to enjoy not blushing while I can! I never have to worry about blushing on methadone... it's great! I also am praying a lot more also and learning more about God. But I just wanted to let everyone know what has worked for me...the only downside about the methadone is that it makes me really tired, but I love it because I don't have to worry about blushing!

SeptembersGold19

Maybe it's the theory of what other people have been saying... like if something tires you, maybe it relaxes you and then sometimes you don't blush. But now that my body has been getting used to it, I still get anxiety and I blush still once in a while. UGH. I have been reading this book "When Life Is Hard," by James Mcdonald and I am relating everything in that book about my anxiety and blushing. It is a GREAT book and it talks about how what I am going through right now is a "trial" from God, and that he is trying to teach me about something. I recommend this book to everyone, it has been a really important turning point in my life about blushing and anxiety!!

aubergine

Maybe it's the theory of what other people have been saying... like if something tires you, maybe it relaxes you and then sometimes you don't blush. But now that my body has been getting used to it, I still get anxiety and I blush still once in a while. UGH. I have been reading this book "When Life Is Hard," by James Mcdonald and I am relating everything in that book about my anxiety and blushing. It is a GREAT book and it talks about how what I am going through right now is a "trial" from God, and that he is trying to teach me about something. I recommend this book to everyone, it has been a really important turning point in my life about blushing and anxiety!!
shame that you refer to your imaginary friend,in england we tend,on the whole, to be too intelligent to believe in fairytales and mythical beings such as the mynotaur,jesus christ,unicorns,harry potter,god,rambo etc etc
i think that if i was the bearded c*** i would not waste my tlme bestowing a "trial" on you my friend.i would probably[if i wasnt busy helping americans win olympic gold] use my superpowers to end world famine or find madelleine mcann.
so,dont bother wasting your time waiting for your trial to be ended by your imaginary friend when only real people can help you.my "trial" has lasted over 30 years and i have never experienced a blush free day...explain? is that because I DONT BELIEVE IN NONSENSE!! so strike me down and let me go to hell,atleast oliver reed and keith moon are down there! welcome to english reality mate.love santa claus [not the only pretend saint] xxx

Stuckwithme

aubergine, there's no need to go there and disrespect people. If God helps someone, then what is wrong with that? It is better than staying bitter like yourself for the rest of life, isn't it? Does it matter how you get rid of the blushing (or rather, how you start to not care about it)? What matters is that you do it.

You will never treat blushing. There is only one solution and it is to stop caring and accept it as part of your personality. It's not the blushing that is wrong, it's how you deal with it.

aubergine

aubergine, there's no need to go there and disrespect people. If God helps someone, then what is wrong with that? It is better than staying bitter like yourself for the rest of life, isn't it? Does it matter how you get rid of the blushing (or rather, how you start to not care about it)? What matters is that you do it.

You will never treat blushing. There is only one solution and it is to stop caring and accept it as part of your personality. It's not the blushing that is wrong, it's how you deal with it.
my god rant does not come from bitterness,not in the slightest,it comes from realism and total atheism.if i have to "respect" delusional people then surely my opinions,based on fact i hasten to add must be respected also? if seppy gold gets cured it would be due to meds or a shift in his brain pattern,not due to supernatural crap.im here to help my ****ed up existence as much as the next man/woman.i just prefer to base my life on science and reality,i really cant see anything contoversial in that.and i totally agree with you about the acceptance thing,its been my greatest tool of late.cheers stucky.

Stuckwithme

aubergine, I really see where you are coming from. I am exactly the same, trust me! I also think it is generally more important to concentrate on sciense and medicine rather than herbs, vitamines and angels. BUT, still - there is no need to disrespect people and the fact is, that if someone finds God, at it helps them accept their fate so they can live a good life, then in all honesty that is a greater achievment than we will probably ever reach with medicines. Because in the end, it's not about the medicines, it is about the underlying factor - that we don't accept ourselfs as we are. That we care too much what other's think about us. That we worry about the small things and not living life to the fullest. We allow the thought of what other's might think of us turning red to control our lives. It's stupid.

I don't think there will ever be a cure for it. In all honesty I don't. I think if there will ever be a cure it won't be a pill that will ever prevent your face from turning red, but some sort of anti depressant that will make the chemical in our brains on the same level as "normal" people because I noticed that on day's when I am not even slightly depress, when I am on a "high", I will hardly ever blush, and if I do, I don't give a rats ass. So that is the key to it all.

So as far as I can tell, either you learn to accept yourself and become happy that way, or you just have to find happiness somehow in your life to shoot up your serotonin levels or whatever.

Basically what it comes down to - whatever floats your boat and makes you happy and accept yourself. So don't bash someone about God. Wouldn't you choose God if you knew it would make you happy? Or would you just be a bitter, depressed atheist all your life? If so, then maybe THAT is your own choice in life, even if you never thought of it that way.

aubergine

aubergine, I really see where you are coming from. I am exactly the same, trust me! I also think it is generally more important to concentrate on sciense and medicine rather than herbs, vitamines and angels. BUT, still - there is no need to disrespect people and the fact is, that if someone finds God, at it helps them accept their fate so they can live a good life, then in all honesty that is a greater achievment than we will probably ever reach with medicines. Because in the end, it's not about the medicines, it is about the underlying factor - that we don't accept ourselfs as we are. That we care too much what other's think about us. That we worry about the small things and not living life to the fullest. We allow the thought of what other's might think of us turning red to control our lives. It's stupid.

I don't think there will ever be a cure for it. In all honesty I don't. I think if there will ever be a cure it won't be a pill that will ever prevent your face from turning red, but some sort of anti depressant that will make the chemical in our brains on the same level as "normal" people because I noticed that on day's when I am not even slightly depress, when I am on a "high", I will hardly ever blush, and if I do, I don't give a rats ass. So that is the key to it all.

So as far as I can tell, either you learn to accept yourself and become happy that way, or you just have to find happiness somehow in your life to shoot up your serotonin levels or whatever.

Basically what it comes down to - whatever floats your boat and makes you happy and accept yourself. So don't bash someone about God. Wouldn't you choose God if you knew it would make you happy? Or would you just be a bitter, depressed atheist all your life? If so, then maybe THAT is your own choice in life, even if you never thought of it that way.
why cant i bash god botherers,anyone can bash atheists if they want! for some reason its ok to bash people that understand how old the earth really is[based on the science of carbon dating]and believe in dinosaurs[based on fossilised remains]but not ok to bash someone that believes in complete tosh and ****ing angels floating around!! btw im not depressed,ive managed to function in life despite not being able to even talk to my mum without fb! no certain situations for me,im ****ing hardcore,the martini man,anytime,anyplace,anywhere!! ive had loads of girlfriends,i play in a band,ive managed football teams and have a fantastic social life,i also have a fantastic,understanding missus.
no,mate i aint bitter or depressed i just wish i never had this problem! i do not need mythical beings to get me through my day,you can be a good person and give love and kindness everyday without being tied to a set of ancient silly beliefs like the afterlife.like jacko said,this is it.

Stuckwithme

aubergine, I am just saying there is no need to bash and disrespect people's personal beliefs regardless. It's not ok to disrespect your believes as much as it is not ok to disrespect a catholic or muslim, in my opinion anyway. Why do people feel the need to do that? I respect your point of view. Why can't you just be happy for this person and say "fine, you've found God and it made you happy and blush less, I am really happy for you". Isn't that a lot better than just telling the person that he/she is basically crazy? That's what I mean by respect. Sometimes it's better not to say anything rather that to say what you really think. The world would be a better place if people didn't have this need to provoce and just accept other's as they are. Because basically what you do is just as bad as what people say about your blushing (if they ever point it out in a negative way).

Basically I don't care. I don't think you are a bad person. I just think that it's not much to ask to show some respect for people's opinions and beliefs. I don't think it's normal, empathic or even intelligent to come across as you did with your post.

LoL, I sound like some old fart lecturing a school boy. I just mean well.

aubergine

aubergine, I am just saying there is no need to bash and disrespect people's personal beliefs regardless. It's not ok to disrespect your believes as much as it is not ok to disrespect a catholic or muslim, in my opinion anyway. Why do people feel the need to do that? I respect your point of view. Why can't you just be happy for this person and say "fine, you've found God and it made you happy and blush less, I am really happy for you". Isn't that a lot better than just telling the person that he/she is basically crazy? That's what I mean by respect. Sometimes it's better not to say anything rather that to say what you really think. The world would be a better place if people didn't have this need to provoce and just accept other's as they are. Because basically what you do is just as bad as what people say about your blushing (if they ever point it out in a negative way).

Basically I don't care. I don't think you are a bad person. I just think that it's not much to ask to show some respect for people's opinions and beliefs. I don't think it's normal, empathic or even intelligent to come across as you did with your post.

LoL, I sound like some old fart lecturing a school boy. I just mean well.
if i believed in everything hans christian anderson said in his books i would be considered a nutjob.for some reason if a fairytale is followed on a mass scale it becomes "normal" that is my opinion on any religion.ludicrous.people can be hoodwinked into believing any old **** if they see the popularity of that belief.if the flying teapot in the sky was the popular religion of the time that is what we would all be believing now!! i think to be a rational human being one should address these things and not just bury your head in the sand and believe regardless.
as for not putting forward my opinion and just "saying nothing" as you suggest,what a ****ing boring world that would be!! for me to be quiet would be to go against one of the things that put the "great" in britain,freedom of speech.you are allowed to speak out against someones choice of football team so why not religion,what makes that taboo? this is starting to sound like a religious debating forum but the whole point is that if someone thinks that they have been sent a red face from a pretend "god" then they are deluded,irrational and probably a bit mental! if i told you that my welsh mountain god olwain bestowed upon me my ****ing big nose that would be laughed at!! why? for one reason,mass acceptance.mass acceptance of something that has zero proof like the flying spaghetti monster!! touche my friend.laters.:D

Stuckwithme

I don't agree. If a sugar pill can cure people, why not God? Belief is a powerful thing. Who are you to take it away from someone? Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to slag them, right? No one ever said you are not allowed to speak up, you may say whatever you want, but I don't see a reason to tell anyone that God is a fairy tail and so on. We may have freedom of speech, but in my opinion that comes with a huge bit of responsibility. I was brought up to show people respect and accept other's as they are, buit obviously not everyone were and that's a shame. Sometimes it's just better to be quiet. It's not like anyone is forcing anything on you.

And to be fair, you can never prove that God does not exist, just as well a believer cannot prove God does exist, so why not just drop it? I mean, Einstein were a scientist up to a point where he couldn't make sense of it all and turned to God instead. In my opinion, he is not a dumb person.

Last edited:

aubergine

I don't agree. If a sugar pill can cure people, why not God? Belief is a powerful thing. Who are you to take it away from someone? Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to slag them, right? No one ever said you are not allowed to speak up, you may say whatever you want, but I don't see a reason to tell anyone that God is a fairy tail and so on. We may have freedom of speech, but in my opinion that comes with a huge bit of responsibility. I was brought up to show people respect and accept other's as they are, buit obviously not everyone were and that's a shame. Sometimes it's just better to be quiet. It's not like anyone is forcing anything on you.

And to be fair, you can never prove that God does not exist, just as well a believer cannot prove God does exist, so why not just drop it? I mean, Einstein were a scientist up to a point where he couldn't make sense of it all and turned to God instead. In my opinion, he is not a dumb person.
by the same token you cannot prove that the great flying teapot does not exist!! i prefer to inhabit the real world,the one in which is inhabited by david attenborough and richard dawkins.you say im not showing respect,would you show me respect if i said i had a magical shoe that governed every aspect of my life? its all about mass acceptance.if any logical,rational person was to read through these last few posts im sure they would agree with me,im only stating facts and not saying anything contoversial.i just think its time we moved on and completely stopped believing in a 2 k year old book written by a bunch of very primitive people.we should stop believing in all religions,they are all manmade.where does the ****ing shark come in to all this? did god create the shark then think "**** me im a bit tired now.im gonna have a 20 million year rest then i might think about creating humans!!!!"
nobody is ever cured by god because there is no god,if it helps get you through the day then fine but it is only your own mind that is helping you not god.who ****ing started this,oh **** it was me,sorry!!!
i believe i am a beautiful person without the need to resort to imaginary friends.......they are all pretend cnuts,a bit like westlife!!! btw,there is a direct correlation between having religious belief and academic intelligence,i realise there are random "intelligent" people in the religious community but even in einsteins case i think the part of his brain that dealt with that side of things was malfunctioning at the time when he answered the big question.
anyway,just been out to buy the papers and someone who recognised me from ages ago shouted out to me and i didnt fb! i even spoke to him face to face for a bit,mind you outdoors,as you know is always easier and i was wearing shades which makes things easier aswell for some strange reason.it could be that the all seeing one has had a little look at this current debate and realised that he bestowed the blushing "trial" on me over 30 years ago and has decided to lift it! hope so,im hoping to start up a new business soon and it would be a great help!!:rolleyes:

Stuckwithme

by the same token you cannot prove that the great flying teapot does not exist!! i prefer to inhabit the real world,the one in which is inhabited by david attenborough and richard dawkins

Yes, ok so? Is anyone putting you down for it? Is anyone disrespecting your opinion? Did anyone ask about your opinion on religion? I still don't understand why you think you and your thoughts are better than anyone else's.

.you say im not showing respect,would you show me respect if i said i had a magical shoe that governed every aspect of my life?

It's a pretty childish comparison in my opinion and not really worth commenting on. It's pretty natural to believe in higher powers, human kind has always done so, but to compare it to a magic shoe is just silly and say's more about yourself than anyone else really.

its all about mass acceptance.if any logical,rational person was to read through these last few posts im sure they would agree with me,im only stating facts and not saying anything contoversial

You are missing the whole point. Did I say that I personally trust in God? Did I say you have to trust in God? What I am telling you is that there is no need to disrespect someone because they believe in God. It's common sense. Especially since no one asked of your opinion and especially since no one forced their opinion on you.

i just think its time we moved on and completely stopped believing in a 2 k year old book written by a bunch of very primitive people.

I just think it's time people stopped being rude and started accepting people's personal views. It's time to wake up, your opinion doesn't matter more than anyone else's.

we should stop believing in all religions,they are all manmade.

Are you a better or happier person? I wouldn't bet on it. What we should do is give people the freedom to choose.

where does the ****ing shark come in to all this? did god create the shark then think "**** me im a bit tired now.im gonna have a 20 million year rest then i might think about creating humans!!!!"

You are thinking too much.

nobody is ever cured by god because there is no god,if it helps get you through the day then fine but it is only your own mind that is helping you not god.who ****ing started this,oh **** it was me,sorry!!!

Fine, if that is how you look at it, that's ok. I'm sure no one really gives a rats ass because as far as I can see, no one asked you.

i believe i am a beautiful person without the need to resort to imaginary friends.......they are all pretend cnuts,a bit like westlife!!!

And on and on you go.

btw,there is a direct correlation between having religious belief and academic intelligence,i realise there are random "intelligent" people in the religious community but even in einsteins case i think the part of his brain that dealt with that side of things was malfunctioning at the time when he answered the big question.

"Random" is a bit on an understatment. Einstein turned to God and that is a fact.

Exposure

I hope the MODS have a good talking with you aubergine , how dare you insult the op like that , he is just trying to help other people by sharing his experiences , you do sound very bitter and proud and arrogant just like the bible says some people will near the end times , Thanks op for your message and God bless you , keep the faith :)

aubergine

I hope the MODS have a good talking with you aubergine , how dare you insult the op like that , he is just trying to help other people by sharing his experiences , you do sound very bitter and proud and arrogant just like the bible says some people will near the end times , Thanks op for your message and God bless you , keep the faith :)
when you say the MODS are you referring to roger daltrey and pete townshend circa 1966? without looking at any profiles apart fom seppys can i make a wild guess and say that ive stumbled upon a predominantly american webite ?if im right then you lot scare me with your lack of addressing any of my very,very valid points.all you have basically said is that im silly or daft ,you cannot actually take my opinions and analyze them individually because you havent the wordpower or the actual belief in the ridiculous to defend yourself properly.if we were in england i would buy you all a drink[in stuckys case milk] and ask you to say your piece,that is what life is all about.you should all chill,not me,and you should all take what your parents and grandparents taught you with a pinch of salt.rationalise people.rationalise.and stucky,the predominant drink in your life is,as you said before,milk!! come around my house anytime mate for my fave drink scotch whisky,you can meet the devil and we can talk all night mate!! love moses [another pretend cnut]. p.s you said no one asked for my opinion,do i have to wait to be asked? what kind of forum is this?

Stuckwithme

aubergine, you sound more and more delusional. Having a fever or something? I'm trying to figure out what you really want as you get more and more tangeled in your own web of weirdness.

Is it really THAT hard for you to understand that there are social codes we must live by to get things to work in a society and amongst one of them is to treat people with respect and respect people's way of life. I am quite sure you don't go around offending people in real life calling them crazy for believing in God. I think it's just you acting out on internet. A real internet cowboy. There are plenty of those.

can i make a wild guess and say that ive stumbled upon a predominantly american webite ?

I am Swedish, not religious, but unlike you I do know how to act as a grown up and not as a little whiny baby.

Last edited:

DanFC

XD I find the pseudo-religious and anti-religious "debate" of a circle hilarious. Even if there really is only one person arguing.

And to stay on topic, have you ever listened to Sixx AM september? I really think you'd like 'em, if you like rock that is.

Pookah

Your not bitter, or depressed, why the anger? Fantastic social life, then why are you here? I myself am not religious, I am agnostic, but I do not believe in judging someone else's beliefs as long as they don't use their beliefs to try to manipulate or brainwash others. It's ok to get angry, but SeptembersGold19 doesn't seem to be pushing for recruters for religion.

There is nothing in aubergine's demeanor that convinces me it is good to be a hard-line athiest. My problem with the very religious and outspoken athiests are that they can't seem to live without coming down on other people to make themselves feel better.

westminster

Aubergine. I'm English. 100%. I'm also a fan of Richard Dawkins (hence the teapot), and in fact talked to him at university regularly. (I went to New College, Oxford.)

Stop arguing and start being constructive. And don't use "being English" as some excuse to be an arrogant pr!ck. You've embarrassed me. And Stuckwithme has talked more sense than the vast majority of people on this topic. Stop bickering; start listening and reseraching. And if I ever see you down Fratton Park, let's go for a pint.

aubergine

Aubergine. I'm English. 100%. I'm also a fan of Richard Dawkins (hence the teapot), and in fact talked to him at university regularly. (I went to New College, Oxford.)

Stop arguing and start being constructive. And don't use "being English" as some excuse to be an arrogant pr!ck. You've embarrassed me. And Stuckwithme has talked more sense than the vast majority of people on this topic. Stop bickering; start listening and reseraching. And if I ever see you down Fratton Park, let's go for a pint.
shame you rumbled my teapot analogy!! thought i sounded dead clever! atleast i got a reaction from people! im not here to be a cnut,my life story is really massively affected by fb,its just that i like a bit of healthy debate now and then,and if you noticed mate no one has taken my points and tried to reason with them because its hard to go against rationality without sounding irrational and frankly a bit mental! for someone to believe in ........yawn... and actually have the audacity to tell me im delusionl could only be posted by someone from usa!! delusional!! i quote science and not mythology and im ****ing delusional !!!
anyway,pointless carrying on with this any longer,you cant educate pork,my next post will be exclusively about blushing,i promise!! p.s last tme i was at fratton park got chased out of the place[bristol city] mind you that was circa 1972!! p.p.s england should have taken adam johnson[i believe in him because ther is proof of him] ;).............and its MR arrogant prick to you :)

aubergine

There is nothing in aubergine's demeanor that convinces me it is good to be a hard-line athiest. My problem with the very religious and outspoken athiests are that they can't seem to live without coming down on other people to make themselves feel better.

vulcans mmmm? should i take you seriously? really?

Status
Not open for further replies.