My time in art school

BrawnyLion

Hey there people, this is my first thread so have some mercy on me :)
Its been about 6 to 7 months since i started art school , and in my first year they don't place you in your chosen field , for me it was animation but for first year students , we all get mixed so each class would have different people applying for different faculties. At first things were going smoothly until i started doing projects in areas of ''art'' that I'm not good at , like wire sculpting , fine art painting and etc. I soon began to fall behind on work because I'm taking longer than most of my classmates and as you would've have guess by now I'm 6 feet under, i've been missing classes , spending time at home trying to finish work up and i am also retaking an exam i had last year before art school because my parents wanted me too, i have no motivation for the exam but that would be letting my teacher and parents down. I don't know ... right now i just feel really depressed , no i don't think i suffer from SA or depression but its gotten really bad lately and I'm getting thoughts about running away from my current life not to the point of suicide of course, funny thing is i chose to come to the school , well more like i failed terribly at maths and most ''normal'' schools won't be able to take me in. i need some wisdom now, hopefully I don't come off as a spoiled brat , i know about the expenses but my mom insisted on doing what i like and not pursue diplomas blindly , I'm very grateful for that. However its sort of taken a toll on me , i never expected it to be an easy route I'm sure all of us always had at least one major difficulty at every stage of our lives, maybe this is my current one. Btw I'm 17 years of age aspiring to contribute something to the film industry , comics or games , all of which i really like even though art school doesn't really , never mind maybe i need to learn ''art'' first before all that. i'll stop here for now , thanks for reading , take care :applause: