My theory of life

Thelema

I'm bored and my computer seems to be behaving. I've been thinking strange thoughts and have come up with ideas.

The underlying goal and purpose of life is happiness. All pursuits have this underlying goal.

Now has no meaning at all. What we think of as now has already passed. The memory is what we really count on. Think back on the good times and you realise that is all you really have. You never have a grasp on now, but really some kind of vague then. The reason we do things is to have the happy memory. So we can look back 30 years from now and smile and laugh. So, focusing on now can be like if you could take $200 now or $10 every day for the rest of your life. This would be like giving in to boredom for a little relief instead of making a lasting memory....happy, hopefully. Memories of a boring life are much fewer, you don't remember what was boring...you remember you were bored! Everyone has "the good ol days" because they have memory of the good happy times and FORGET about the boring and fearful times. You could remember the fear, but you'd have to sit and try to.

If we really remembered all the boring crap we would go crazy. The mind forgets the boredom and keeps hold of good times and some bad times. The good times are almost always the most important to your memories.

If you looked back to a time when you didn't do something you feared you would call yourself silly. Because you can see it from the perspective of memory. The "what if" thoughts come up and they're only a little more bearable than the fear you felt. On the other hand, guilt has killed more people than fear. How many people have killed themselves over guilt because they didn't do something out of fear?

Memories are like money, I think. Everyone wants as much as they can get, but they often don't go about it very well. They spend it on useless crap that doesn't matter (boredom) like we all do. The rich (lots of happy memories) do a little conservative spending and saving (use their time for pushing the boundaries, being bold, courageous, all of that) and as a result will be driving a Ferrari and living in a mansion as old people as the boring person will be driving a rusted out Civic and living in a smelly apartment.

I think if we looked at NOW as a future memory we would have a better perspective. Will what we call now be forgotten because it was wasted time with boredom, or will it be a happy laughable thing in some way?

In a Judas Priest song about an old man and he's crying because all his dreams are gone and its too late for him the lyrics go "He's our tomorrow just as we're his yesterday" Its really very true. All those old people you see hunched over with a walker was fucking you 80 years ago! People have always been the same. We all want happiness and the 80 year old you some day will have to look back every day and reflect because all you'll have are your memories...and your walker

I'm probably not making any sense. I'm just kinda letting it out as it comes