My story

Stuntman_Josh

My heart goes out to you, sunset. Your story is all too common. It is very much like what I went through in school. My biggest bully used to sit next to me and push thumb tacks into my leg at the lunch table, and would tell me if I made a sound he would get me after school. So I had to sit there, not moving or making noise, while he shoved thumbtacks in me.

When we don't learn to stand up for ourselves at that young age, it seems like we never do. I get intimidated by everyone it seems.I know it's possible for people like us to get better, and deal with things, but it's a hard road. I have been on it for a long time, and I couldn't tell you if I am any better now than i was when I was 10 or 15 or 25. I am 31 now, reclusive, scared, anxious, and angry.

I am so sorry that you had to go through these things, I hate to think that other people had it as bad as me, and worse. At least my parents were concerned that I was being beaten and tormented, they just didn't know how to handle it, so neither did I. I just resigned myself to it.

I know how you feel, being considered the weird one. I am never comfortable around people, or even in my own skin. I often hate myself, and assume people are making fun of me when they compliment me.

I wonder how my life would have turned out, too. I envy people with high self esteem, that can go to jobs and do work and be around people. I can't do it. I leave my house and I have panic attacks. What these bullies do can wreck a persons life. It makes me sick, and I am sorry you had to go through it. I'm glad I found this site, to share stories and insight and encouragement. I'm also saddened by how many people are here, because none of us deserve this.

Thank you for sharing your story, and the offer to talk. The same goes for you, and anyone else. PM me anytime.

IceNerveshatter

I don't know what to say except that it's fucked up how people can be like that. It sounds to me like you need some kind of resolution or closure to your past. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get it.

I would reccomend hypnotherapy. It's helped me a lot to deal with my past and to deal with my various disorders. If that doesn't work for you, then at least you're already on a forum talking to similar people with similar problems.