My Story - Help

Golden Platypus

Hey guys, I'll just start right away.
I'm a freshmen in High School, I'm outgoing, I never get nervous around girls or anything, I'm a funny person, I have lots of friends, the only problem is some where in my freshmen year I developed this blushing problem.
My entire life I have never had problems with being in the spotlight, in fact, I enjoyed it. I would make people laugh a lot. I had no problems with this in elementary, although I was shy in elementary, that didn't make me blush. Middle School I grew my confidence a lot, I went to the doctor before 7th grade, in which she told me I was overweight. This was a life changing experience, and since then I've devoted my self to losing weight. I've lost around 30 pounds since then, I've developed my abs and everything haha. I've built my confidence to say the least. I dedicate my self to things, and I don't give up. This blushing problem isn't going to be an exception for me. I would go into more detail about how to I can devote myself to things for months on end, but that's not what I'm here for.
Since I've never had this problem, I'm not sure how to combat it. I've looked up tips on how to do so. Building my confidence won't do much, it's already pretty high, like I said, I have no problem talking to girls. Developing a new hobby I think is kind of funny, wouldn't work for me. This blushing problem is obviously coming from a mental stand-point. I THINK about it, therefore, I blush. I have no idea how to not think about it. While talking to someone, I can get my mind off of it, yeah sure, but once I'm called on to answer a simple question, I literally go into shock and start blushing. It's incredibly annoying, and people are beginning to notice it. I'm a confident person, and I want that to show. I know blushing "is a perfectly normal thing", but in my eyes, I see it as a week-ness and lack of confidence, which I don't want (I know girls like confident men).
This hasn't ruined my social life, but I'm afraid if I don't deal with it now it will get out of hand and will ruin it. It's hard for me to accept it as just a perfectly normal thing, and I'm not going to do the trick where you admit it, to make it easier to deal with. The past couple days, I've decided to put myself in the action, but purposely getting myself called on, it's working somewhat, but I still end up blushing a little bit in these moments. I'm having a couple projects come up where I have to present in front of the class, I'm working on dealing with this full force. Like I said, I'm a young determined man. I don't mean to brag though.
Anyways, I would appreciate the help if you are willing to give me pointers on what to do, and how to tackle this.

Phoenixx

Welcome golden! :) First, it's awesome you have great confidence. I really wish I had some of that. You sound like a fun person to be around. And second, I have blushing really bad too. I never used to blush in elementary school, but since I've been in high school, it's gotten much worse. My friends and family tease me about my blushing every now and then, but it still annoys me that I can't even ask a simple question or talk to someone without my cheeks going red. I apologize that I don't have an answer, but I would also love to know how to tackle this.

Phoenixx

No it's okay. You'll find lots of people on this site with different... levels i guess you could say? of SA or SP or just shyness in general. I'm not as severe as some on here, but my SA has gotten worse.