My social phobia's a little better

Lotrsfan

Haven't been on here in a while. Been on other forums and out and again (i sorta have a life again, rather than sitting at home all the time)

My social phobia is not all that bad at the moment and i think it's improving.

The things i've done to know that i think i'm improving is:

The other day i went around the shops on my own and i haven't done that in a long time. I didn't feel that nervous but i felt lonely though. I still like it when i'm with someone because if i see something in a shop i can't talk to someone about it.

Uhm...i don't get that nervous and my heart doesn't thump so much in my chest when i know that my sister's boyfriend or friends are coming over or are in our house. And i've managed to say hi to some of them, spesh my sister's bf.

I'm abit more confident in going on the bus on my own and have been doing it for a few weeks now to get to where ever i'm going

I've taken up a work placement through this training programme i'm on and i've been going for a few weeks now and it's good. I've served customers on the till quite calmly but i still get a little nervous because i get a little bit stuck with cash handling and get nervous i'll give someone the wrong change or press something wrong on the till. But there's really nice staff there that help and i also like the staff there because they don't say something like "Your quite quiet aren't you." or something....yet. LOL

uhm...i'm still a little nervous around the people at my training programme though. i can't make conversation first still but when someone tries to make conversation with me first, i'll talk to them and try to ask them questions too, which i didn't really used to do. Someone used to say something to me, then i'd answer and leave it as that. But now, if someone asks me something, i'll answer and return the question etc

So...yeah, i'm improving a little :D

spct

i work on the tills as well, in a supermarket

unfortunately they always stick me on the basket tills instead of the normal ones, which are much faster paced & busier

i've got to the stage where i can cope okay, although i still feel pretty anxious, especially when it's busy or some kind of problem occurs

i just wish i could relax more & maybe even enjoy it a little, but i guess coping is better than not!

won't be there much longer anyway

anyway, sorry to digress, it's good to hear you're doing well

i can relate to pretty much everything you mentioned there

it's all about taking gradual steps, hope you continue to improve!

Scottish_Player

Hi Lotrsfan glad to hear things are going good for you and i hope they keep getting better, aslong as you build on what you do you will soon rid yourself of this burden called SA/SP