my social anxity killing me

Lisablue

Wow. Yes! I am usually very easygoing and understanding and calm...but when someone tailgates me.... Man! I don't even know myself. I get SO angry!! I'm not even sure why, but my blood just boils; I usually hit the brakes and slow way down until they get the message...but then I realize what an idiot I'm being - how dangerous that is. Who knows what kind of nut might be in that other car?

And yes, I also find myself not turning when I want to if I'm in an unfamiliar area and I think I'll look like I don't know what I'm doing. Then I get so mad at myself and think 'Who cares'? These people don't care what I'm doing! Yet it will just happen again the next time...although I'm much better when someone else is in the car with me. Moral support, I guess.

The laughing part happens anywhere; not just in the car.

chris87

I have driving issues too. I'm so happy that I finally got a car though. Where I live, it seems like everyone gets their own car as soon as they get their license. That made it so awkward for me. A few weeks ago, I had to make a left, but there was a lot of traffic. There was a line of cars building behind me, so I ended up just going straight. I'm always uneasy when I drive, but I try to stay calm.