my situation

muffletones

hey im new to this website, i suffer badly from social anxiety so i dont work at the moment. i use to have a job but i got so anxious and stressed it gave me chest pains , so i left and ive been unemployed ever since. the problem is now ive been sighning on at the dole for a while and they want to put me on a new deal course that i will have to attend every day! its a big deal for me just sighning on every 2 weeks so there is no way i can handle all the extra stuff on the new deal course, they gave me a time table of what will be involved and its all stuff like knowing me knowing you and mock interviews etc, is there anyway i can get a sick note from doctors, because its this monday and im running out of time :(

AngelsTears85

Hey muffletones

I know what that is like I was on the dole for a little while then yea they wanted me to do something similar to what you are talking about...needless to say I couldn't go...it was a while ago now so am a little fuzzy on the details and not sure where you are but I am now on the sickness benefit, so I would say talk to your case manager about changing over to that....All I have to do is see a counsellor and every so often get my doctor to sign some papers...

Anyway hope that helps in some way...and Good Luck

Soprano

Hey, I was on te same new deal course with the deal, and technically, still am. It was a 2 week course where we did group exercises and mock interviews, then on the last day they took us all out for a meal and drinks...then, after the 2 weeks, you still have to keep going into the centre, but only for an average of 8 hours a week...

After a certain amount of time, and if you still haven't found a job, they'll send you to another palce which sends you out the a work placement, where you work full hours but still only get your benefits and not a wage.

muffletones

thx for the replys :) i dont no what im gonna do! its this monday and there is no way i can do group excercises! my new deal adviser is horrible, he accused me of lying, he said im just working and still claiming etc! last year it came to this point and i never went back to the job center! ive tried applying for 2 postman jobs but they havnt got back to me yet, i think i will be capable of being a postman. i just need more time. last year i had the same new deal advisor and he said i was lazy and when it came to the crunch and i had to do things like this course i didnt turn up, so there is no way i can not turn up and prove him right, i have social anxiety, avoidance personality dissorder and i also go red at the slightest of reasons, every day is a battle. i try to hide it from my family. the only excitment in my life is when manchester united are playing, thx for listening and good luck with your sa/sp

Lottie

If you havent already been to your doctors and explained how you feel then you need to. I was absolutley petrified to go out of the house 3 1/2 years ago. I couldnt go to work and I got a sick note and started working with a health care worker and now my quality of life is 100 times better than what it used to be.

Go to your docs they can help you!

IceLad

I really struggle to understand why the government introduced these courses in the first place. When I went on mine, I found that most people on it weren't the slightest bit interested in getting a job, and what was taught was either bleeding obvious or just plain commonsense. This was a few years ago, so hopefully they've changed things a bit.

Like you, I'm currently signing on and I get really stressed out once a fortnight when I have to go in. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been tempted to tell them where they can stick the claim! :evil: Also, months down the line, I'm still wondering whether I am in fact claiming the right benefit. Should it be Incapacity Benefit or Income Support instead?

muffletones, have you told them that you have SP? It might make things a bit easier in terms of the pressure they apply on you. :roll:

muffletones

hi :)
no i didnt start that course, i backed out like i do with most things! ive been looking on the net about doing a open university course at home! i want to try and find a job that doesnt need much social interaction.
I tried my hand at online poker , that would be my perfect job working at home on my pc, i watch poker all the time and i no how to play pretty well but its just to hard to make a stable income :(
anyway thx for your intrest :)

IceLad

muffletones said:
hi :)
no i didnt start that course, i backed out like i do with most things! ive been looking on the net about doing a open university course at home! i want to try and find a job that doesnt need much social interaction.
I tried my hand at online poker , that would be my perfect job working at home on my pc, i watch poker all the time and i no how to play pretty well but its just to hard to make a stable income :(
anyway thx for your intrest :)

Well I can certainly empathise with your decision. Most of the time I think claiming JSA is much more trouble than it's worth!

Good luck with whatever you decide muffletones.

IceLad

muffletones said:
hey :) royal mail contacted my mum and they want me to call back to arrange a interview 8O now im scared to ring !
Did you manage to get round to ringing muffletones?

embo

hi muffletones

just read your messages and wondered how you are doing now. it made me smile as i also thought of being a postman as its one of the few jobs where you can work on your own.

Did you go and see your doctor and how did you go on?

I'm struggling alot at the moment and desperately want a job as i feel so inadequate but i know i couldnt cope with one.

let me konw XXXXXXXXX