my rant about hyperhidrosis

grissom

its so depressing. its ruining my life. i cant tell people about my condition (i dont want to, id rather hide it)
it limits me so much.

i wonder if anyone has committed suicide from having hh. i bet that if they did, people without hh wouldnt understand why they did it. they probably just think "hey so u sweat a little, thats nothing to be depressed over". it annoys me that non-sufferers are very ignorant about the whole thing. it seems like the only people who understand that the condition is serious are the sufferers. not being able to tell anyone i love is the hardest thing. it makes me feel so alone. more than i already do just by being an outcast with this condition. im also sick of hearing that theres nothing to help my hh. its made me lose all hope and so i simply just cant be bothered to find products to help me etc.

i dont think people realise that its not just not being able to wear the clothes you want; hh actually changes who you are. it brings depression and no sense of self, no positivity and no sense of hope. i spend most of the time indoors and my parents shout at me, and i cant tell them why. i could... but i know that they wouldnt support me in the ways that id like them to. because they would simply not understand how much of a big deal it is for me just cos they are non-sufferers.

i dont want kids anymore, cos apparently hh is hereditary. i dont want my kids to suffer. but it goes against my belief. i believe in god (im too scared not to believe in case i get punished!) and i think that we have a duty to reproduce (if we can) in our time on earth. im getting all philosophical there.

the last bit of my rant:
i dont understand how you all afford to buy these products. i know only a few people are in uni/college or have jobs, most people ive spoken to stay in when they can. like me, i hate actually leaving the house, i basically have to force myself. and although ive had a job in the past, i dont want one again, im just too depressed. i feel like ive failed already! cos my parents will shout at me and eventually will make me have a job. i used to be so 'fussy' (according to my parents) of choosing where to work but what i couldnt tell my parents was that i was actually worrying about was what i had to wear etc. god im so fed up of it. and also, there should be more awareness of this condition in the media, cos ive only seen 1 programme featuring hyperhidrosis so far, but it was mixed in with other conditions too. im in uni studying broadcast media. if i actually get a degree and a career in the media, i would like to make the world more aware of hh.

god im so depressed, more than ever before. no confidence, no cares, no urge to do something with my life, no one to talk to, alone-ness, jealousy, fed up of everything, hating myself, hating others, i feel like im nothing, i dont deserve anything.

pinoyHH

F***, me too right now im just so depressed. I've got no one else to tell about my condition, no one else there to understand me. Ive been suffering this disease for 10 years. I'm so jealous of others who doesn't have HH. I'm so jealous of guys who have girlfriends, specially when i see them holding a girls hands. Driclor sucks it doesn't cure my disease. Also the drugs i've been taking ritrovil, robinul. I hate my parents right now because I've told them about my condition and they think, It's nothing serious. They even told me that "That's nothing, compared to cancer, T.B, etc. etc.(BLAH BLAH). SH** I'm always heart -broken. First impression is always fine, but when i tried to date girls, that's when the problem begins. My friends either don't even understand about my problem, because i'm not telling them, and I don't want to. Because when i tried once to tell my friend that I have a problem, he just said to me that "Let's just drink Beer and your problem will be gone.". I'm 2nd/3rd year college working at the same time. I hate work and school right now, and I've been struggling to go on right now.... also added problem financially. Only GOD listens to my problem, and if I wasn't a catholic right now, I'd be in my bed with a gunshot in my head. SH** I'm really depressed AGAIN!.

GOD please help me and others who are suffering the same problem I have.

BornAgain

I really don't want to sound offensive during this post I'm about to make, but:

How can you, like, actually sweat exessively? I mean, I would understand if you have like a (physial) medical problem like diabetes or something, but if not, then why do you do it? Do you do it when there's nobody around and you're by yourself, or is it only when you're around people? When (if?) you're excercising or working out, do you seat a whole shitload more than most?

I know you have mentioned that people without this condition don't understand, and I am very guilty of this, which is why I am posting this; to gain further insight. Anyways, isn't all this sweating in your mind, and why don't you just not sweat? I would assume if this was a problem with your body, there are chemicals, medications, or drugs that would stop the sweating altogether, so since there's no cure, this is all a mental problem, right? If it is, why don't you just - not - sweat? Just live, I mean, wtf, why would you sweat? It's not hot (unless it is), you know what you're doing is irrational, so why not just stop?

Again, I have no knowledge of this issue, and anything I said that sounds offending was assuredly not intended to be so.

grimZ

Hey Born Again,

I would definately imagine that most people without this condition are not able to grasp how it can really ruin your life.

It is a medical condition and as of yet as far as I am aware no one really knows what the cause is. I think your right I some cases it may just be a psycological problem with some people.

Regardless the fact of the matter is, we are still not just able to click our fingers and think ourselves out of this. I think pretty much most of us would give our first born to be able to do this. (Well maybe not that extreme but you get the point).

It's hard to convey it to people without it, I'm not sure if you have been reading other peoples posts. But untill you don't/can't shake hands with people because they just say "eww, why are your hands all clammy", or accidentally ruining the assignment or document you just printed by smudging all the print when it just dried, with your hands, or even just hanging out with your mates doing absolutely nothing, and it's not hot or anything but your just sweating is horrible.

If this comes off as a "flame" post I do apologise, it's not my intention. I hope that perhaps I have maybe shed some light to the problem at hand (pun intended :p).

grissom

l/i

hi BornAganin, im sure its hard for someone who doesnt have hyperhidrosis to understand what its like to be a sufferer.
its a sort of thing that just happened, spontaneously (well for me it did anyway), i couldnt understand why my body was doing this to me, but it happened at puberty. before realising that other people suffered from it too, i thought it was a punishment. My hyperhidrosis calms down when I'm in calm environment such as at home (even though I'm sweating now on my bed) or outside in the cold night or drunk. Its a wonder I havent resorted to being a total alcoholic actually. I sweat even when its cold, I sweat more when I'm nervous and more when I'm around others. I sweat more when I'm worried I'm sweating, and yes I sweat even when I'm alone (like now). I stopped going to the gym cos I was sweating too much and I had only been there 5 minutes. I got jealous that my non sweater friend was hardly breaking a sweat and I was dripping all over my body. I also HATE SUMMER cos I sweat like a maniac, its disgusting I know it is. I partly see where non sufferers are comin from when they saw "eww thats gross" but I'm also highly offended cos its not like they have it and have any idea how horrible it is to be looked down upon by others and be seen as 'gross' because of something we cannot control.
I know that if I didnt have HH I would be a much happier person. Its really silly how a bit of water can make people feel so depressed, and this is probably what all you non sufferers think, but if you were in our shoes (and I'm sure you wouldnt wanna be) then maybe then could you understand.

BornAgain

grimZ said:
Hey Born Again,

I would definately imagine that most people without this condition are not able to grasp how it can really ruin your life.

It is a medical condition and as of yet as far as I am aware no one really knows what the cause is. I think your right I some cases it may just be a psycological problem with some people.

Regardless the fact of the matter is, we are still not just able to click our fingers and think ourselves out of this. I think pretty much most of us would give our first born to be able to do this. (Well maybe not that extreme but you get the point).

It's hard to convey it to people without it, I'm not sure if you have been reading other peoples posts. But untill you don't/can't shake hands with people because they just say "eww, why are your hands all clammy", or accidentally ruining the assignment or document you just printed by smudging all the print when it just dried, with your hands, or even just hanging out with your mates doing absolutely nothing, and it's not hot or anything but your just sweating is horrible.

If this comes off as a "flame" post I do apologise, it's not my intention. I hope that perhaps I have maybe shed some light to the problem at hand (pun intended :p).

grissom said:
hi BornAganin, im sure its hard for someone who doesnt have hyperhidrosis to understand what its like to be a sufferer.
its a sort of thing that just happened, spontaneously (well for me it did anyway), i couldnt understand why my body was doing this to me, but it happened at puberty. before realising that other people suffered from it too, i thought it was a punishment. My hyperhidrosis calms down when I'm in calm environment such as at home (even though I'm sweating now on my bed) or outside in the cold night or drunk. Its a wonder I havent resorted to being a total alcoholic actually. I sweat even when its cold, I sweat more when I'm nervous and more when I'm around others. I sweat more when I'm worried I'm sweating, and yes I sweat even when I'm alone (like now). I stopped going to the gym cos I was sweating too much and I had only been there 5 minutes. I got jealous that my non sweater friend was hardly breaking a sweat and I was dripping all over my body. I also HATE SUMMER cos I sweat like a maniac, its disgusting I know it is. I partly see where non sufferers are comin from when they saw "eww thats gross" but I'm also highly offended cos its not like they have it and have any idea how horrible it is to be looked down upon by others and be seen as 'gross' because of something we cannot control.
I know that if I didnt have HH I would be a much happier person. Its really silly how a bit of water can make people feel so depressed, and this is probably what all you non sufferers think, but if you were in our shoes (and I'm sure you wouldnt wanna be) then maybe then could you understand.

hey grimz, yeah that sucks you can't shake hands and shit like that, I would die if I had this. And I don't care about "flames" or "rants", in fact, I love them and I think aggressive mental stimulation could actually help the people on this website gain some confidence.

Hey grissom, god his sickness sucks ass, huh? I don't think it's silly at all that water can make you depressed, I would probably kill myself if I had this, but that's just me, I'm not depressed or anything, and I'm definitely not advising you do so. It's completely understandable that you get depressed about this, anyone would be. What I don't understand, though, that if this is a legitamate disorder/disease, why doesn't the government come up with a cure for this shit? I mean, we pay billions of dollars in taxes, yet I don't see any improvements in government efficiency or in quality of life.

Have you guys ever tried self-medicating, like with weed or such drugs? Just interested, because it may just work, and may be the reason the government doesn't come up with a cure because they'll lose money if people find out something like weed can cure it.

sportsfan8

Bornagain, like people have said you won't understand this cause you don't have hh but it really brings you down and makes it feel like living sucks. And your government conspiracy rants are quite strange...

Grissom I have a thread about Avert (an oral medication from the makers of Secure Wipes), I suggest you try these. I have sweating in my palms, underarms, and feet and they completely help me. I wasn't convinced they would actually work but one or two (usually just one) of the 2% strength pills a day keeps me completely dry in all of these areas, its really changed my life and I'm able to high five and shake hands which I never used to be able to.

A good thing about these is that when you fill out an order they require you to fill out a questionnaire to better understand your situation (I was set on buying Secure Wipes since I've heard good things on here about them) but they said Avert would be better all around for the palms and other areas, so I took their word and I've never been happier...

I honestly wish you would try these or just talk to the guys on the site to see what would be best for you, but I believe these guys have your best interest at heart (I was set on buy the more expensive Wipes, but they showed me the much cheaper pills).

http://www.pharmacy.ca/home.shtml

BornAgain

sportsfan8 said:
Bornagain, like people have said you won't understand this cause you don't have hh but it really brings you down and makes it feel like living sucks. And your government conspiracy rants are quite strange...

Grissom I have a thread about Avert (an oral medication from the makers of Secure Wipes), I suggest you try these. I have sweating in my palms, underarms, and feet and they completely help me. I wasn't convinced they would actually work but one or two (usually just one) of the 2% strength pills a day keeps me completely dry in all of these areas, its really changed my life and I'm able to high five and shake hands which I never used to be able to.

A good thing about these is that when you fill out an order they require you to fill out a questionnaire to better understand your situation (I was set on buying Secure Wipes since I've heard good things on here about them) but they said Avert would be better all around for the palms and other areas, so I took their word and I've never been happier...

I honestly wish you would try these or just talk to the guys on the site to see what would be best for you, but I believe these guys have your best interest at heart (I was set on buy the more expensive Wipes, but they showed me the much cheaper pills).

http://www.pharmacy.ca/home.shtml

Hey, idiot, I already said that I don't understand, don't give me that tone.

What government conspiracy? Just think before, you, well, think. Read "Brave New World", and never talk to me again until you do.

sportsfan8

wtf man I think you just need to relax, I got the government thing from, ohh....

"What I don't understand, though, that if this is a legitamate disorder/disease, why doesn't the government come up with a cure for this shit? I mean, we pay billions of dollars in taxes, yet I don't see any improvements in government efficiency or in quality of life."

You sound like one of those people that says 'The Man' is trying to keep you down, what am I supposed to think by that statement?

You don't see me going into your anxiety or whatever forums you use and ask how this could possibly ruin your life because if you don't have it you have no idea.

BornAgain

sportsfan8 said:
wtf man I think you just need to relax, I got the government thing from, ohh....

"What I don't understand, though, that if this is a legitamate disorder/disease, why doesn't the government come up with a cure for this shit? I mean, we pay billions of dollars in taxes, yet I don't see any improvements in government efficiency or in quality of life."

You sound like one of those people that says 'The Man' is trying to keep you down, what am I supposed to think by that statement?

You don't see me going into your anxiety or whatever forums you use and ask how this could possibly ruin your life because if you don't have it you have no idea.

that's no "man keeping us down" bullshit, and don't ever ignore anything I say as just that. Just listen to to what I say word by word, and try to understand the symbolic nature behind it, don't just categorize my words as some crazy conspiracy. Do you see any improvements in government efficency or quality of life?

Whenever somebody proposes "consipracies" or anything unbelievable, you should listen to them, not judge them. There is no reason to believe ANYTHING with 100% absolute certainty because the truth is that you don't know. You shouldn't believe the conispiracy off the bat, or believe the "truth" right away. If a conspiracy happens to be true, then you doubting it's truth is exactly what the "cover-uppers" want.

As I said in my very first post, I have no idea exactly what people with HH are going through, so why do you keep shoving it in my face? You're using a point that I've already made and putting it against me, why? I also said that if I had this, I would kill myself, so it's not like I'm telling people with HH that they're babies or something, so why are you making it seem like I am?

sportsfan8

Well I guess I didn't fully read the thread I can see that you show sympathy, but the thing is none of what I said was meant as an attack on you and I think you took it as that, so sorry if you did.

I don't really want to discuss government efficiency and whatnot I think we should just keep it about hh.
So sorry if you took my comments as attacks.