My question

solo1

:) Hi Plop! Nice to "meet" you! :wink:
I've been giving your question good deal of thought, and.... frankly... I think it depends GREATLY on exactly WHAT we are letting go of! If you've got bags of smelly refuse stacked up that you are saving somewhere...no offense darlin', but....see a professional...the sooner the better! :wink: If it's an old raggedy stuffed animal from your childhood, KEEP IT! Why let go if you really need to question it, and so what who thinks your wierd for holding on to it! They aren't the ones that are attached to it! Now, if it's a person we are letting go of..... if you are anything like me, I get attached in one way or another to everyone I meet and like... if that person doesn't reciprocate, or it's just a very unhealthy realtionship... it's wise & for the BEST to let go of it, but that doesn't make it EASY.. not by a long shot , because the attachment is still there, and may be there for a long, LONG time to come! Also, just like the stuffed animal, we can find security & comfort in attachments, sometimes even in unhealthy ones, and letting go of that security and comfort can be devestating, TERRIFING!
Oh well, anyway, I'm certainly no professional......
but those are MY opinions. :?
Next :?:

solo1

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Copy of open_hand.gif

Hiya fobicasocial... I'm trying... but I don't think I've mastered it as of yet... here's "five" Smileys.... just in case!
:? :roll: :D :oops: :wink:

Take care!

TorLin

plop said:
Why.....why is so difficult to let go?

:?

I really don't get it...

Any ideas.....?

its always hard to let go of things, especially the things that you hold on dearly.

what don't you get? its really part of life, and in life we are suppose to learn and live on what life throws at us.

solo1

its always hard to let go of things, especially the things that you hold on dearly.

what don't you get? its really part of life, and in life we are suppose to learn and live on what life throws at us.
Wow....Torlin.....that question Plop asked was the last post they made.... that was in 2003, 4 years ago. I wonder if they will see your answer? If not, maybe there is someone else who might be wondering why it is so hard to let go.