My personal pointers on how I plan to stay single for 2009

TAMPA-BAY

I have been single most if not all of my life; so I think it qualifies me as an expert :biggrin: The trick is to have these unconcious beliefs or invisible rules to live by. Like lets say I see this hot chick that i am intrested in. I like to not make any eye contack or gestures or do anything to let her know i am intrested. Another little trick i use is to ignore any signs that she migh actualy be intrested in meeting me. If she shows intrest just blow it off and say that there is probaly some one behind me or that she realy has a friend she wants to hook me up with. (Is everyone writing this down?)

If I'am dealing with the rare person who refuse to be turned off by my outer shell then I milk the clock (stall-stall-stall) untill they meet another person and forget about me. If these methods fail then I am screwed because it means that my (shoulds)*(must)and (oughts) statements are outdated and i will have to make a new list of (oughts/should/and must)statements... (invisible strings that hold us back in life)

Warning dont try this your self because I only make it look easy. This is not taught in schools or books. It takes a lot of hard work to maintain isolation. Just ask all the couples you know. Staying single aint as easy as it looks.

Oh I forgot something else. I make sure not to google books like (prisoners of belief) If you do you will start to cure your anxiety and who wants that? So remember not to go to amazon.com and look for books like (prisoners of beliefs). Dont go and do that.

Riiya said:
Just do what I do: wear a Santa Claus costume all year long while carrying a taser.

That's dangerous... you'd be irresistible to a sadomasochist with a Santa fetish. Being too unique always makes you attractive to someone, so it's better to be generic.

I prefer the flawless yet very easy method of just not talking to anyone. Works great and gets you out of tons of other annoying things too. Also wear nondescript clothing, don't make eye contact and avoid places where you might be caught without an escape route.

Re: My personal pointers on how I plan to stay single for 20

TAMPA-BAY said:
I have been single most if not all of my life; so I think it qualifies me as an expert :biggrin: The trick is to have these unconcious beliefs or invisible rules to live by. Like lets say I see this hot chick that i am intrested in. I like to not make any eye contack or gestures or do anything to let her know i am intrested. Another little trick i use is to ignore any signs that she migh actualy be intrested in meeting me. If she shows intrest just blow it off and say that there is probaly some one behind me or that she realy has a friend she wants to hook me up with. (Is everyone writing this down?)

If I'am dealing with the rare person who refuse to be turned off by my outer shell then I milk the clock (stall-stall-stall) untill they meet another person and forget about me. If these methods fail then I am screwed because it means that my (shoulds)*(must)and (oughts) statements are outdated and i will have to make a new list of (oughts/should/and must)statements... (invisible strings that hold us back in life)

Warning dont try this your self because I only make it look easy. This is not taught in schools or books. It takes a lot of hard work to maintain isolation. Just ask all the couples you know. Staying single aint as easy as it looks.

Oh I forgot something else. I make sure not to google books like (prisoners of belief) If you do you will start to cure your anxiety and who wants that? So remember not to go to amazon.com and look for books like (prisoners of beliefs). Dont go and do that.

You have a good plan. Me, I'm going to keep being afraid of girls if I think they're cute, especially if they're nice too. And I'm gonna keep wearing t-shirts and jeans so I don't stand out.

Riiya said:
Just do what I do: wear a Santa Claus costume all year long while carrying a taser.
So that was you??

faithnomore

Banned
How about when you go out, and once in a while you get the "hey sexy" and whistles from the girls, you get embarrased find it difficult to speak, and walk away.

:oops: That would be me

ButterflyN

Hi,

I'm new to this site but I really related to your post. If I think a guy I might want to connect with is looking at me, I completely ignore him. I have always done this and then wonder why it's so hard to find a guy to date. It's hard to just think about dating because I'm afraid I'll have nothing to offer. With my SA, I don't have a good group of friends and feel like the guy will see that and wonder what is wrong with me. I am also afraid of gettng too close to a guy and having him leave town without saying anything or something like that. Anyhow, I really related to your post. Thanks for sharing.

Ubersonic

Your plan is good TAMPA-BAY, but I'll stick with mine. I call it "Being Myself'. It's more of a preventative measure that keeps girls from ever being interested to begin with. However, I will keep your plan as a backup in case "Being Myself" ever fails.

Ubersonic said:
Your plan is good TAMPA-BAY, but I'll stick with mine. I call it "Being Myself'. It's more of a preventative measure that keeps girls from ever being interested to begin with. However, I will keep your plan as a backup in case "Being Myself" ever fails.

MAN you can't go around saying that your personality repels girls!!! I always think I'm a boring person and wonder why a girl would ever wanna be with me, but then I remember I'm not actually boring, it's just social phobia that makes me unable to be the interesting guy that I actually am!

And I bet it's the same for you!!!

We just gotta keep on trying as hard as we can to overcome this, and in like two years (provided that we try hard every minute of every day) we will be able to show people our true (and awesome) personalities!!!!!!!! And girls will be so attracted to us they won't know what to do!

Ubersonic

Yeah I know what your saying. Even with a good personality, social anxiety will still keep you single. However, I am weird and I get told this ALL THE TIME. I get told by friends, family, co-workers, and girls. Personally I think that everybody is weird in their own unique way, but mine is easily recognizable to others.

Even without SA I would need to search extra hard.

Crayzorder

I really liked your lil phrase.
Made me laugh!

Ubersonic said:
Yeah I know what your saying. Even with a good personality, social anxiety will still keep you single. However, I am weird and I get told this ALL THE TIME. I get told by friends, family, co-workers, and girls. Personally I think that everybody is weird in their own unique way, but mine is easily recognizable to others.

Even without SA I would need to search extra hard.

And i know this is off-topic, but ubersonic your awesome for some reason. I can't put my finger on it, but whenever i see your posts i can always define its you without ever even seeing your avatar/name. Yes, i've tried. You stick out the most in this entire forum! I can tell, im a newbie, only been here since like 3 days ago.
You get my 'standing out' medal! Congratulations!

bluebird274

Try taking Parnate, and the side effects of low blood pressure, and irregular heart beat will make your limbs so weak, you won't even leave the house. Mentally you'll be raring to go because Parnate does work well on the brain, but physically you're KO-ed. It's a bit of a sick joke because if you stop taking the parnate, you'll have strength to now leave the house but your social anxiety will be back full throttle and that will keep you house bound. It's faaantastic!!!

Gone

Re: My personal pointers on how I plan to stay single for 20

TAMPA-BAY said:

Phew, luckily not all of us has to make such an effort to stay single haha.

Big Whoooooop! your not missing out on anything
Your strategy to avoid them is actually saving you from alot of aggrivation. Girls just direct guys to a dead end meaning the ultimate outcome of trying to bother with a woman is "nothing". Women are a waste of time and air. This is my explination for why they are a waste of time.

These women dont deal !.............what I mean by "dont deal" is that the women of today restrict men to only being their friend. They want to keep this solid wall between them and men when it comes to being anything further than friends. Little do they know, men cant really maintain a true friendship with them because a man's testosterone will eventually get the best of him.

Getting involved with women these days is like investing in a Ponzi scam. They use you up and provide no pleasure in return. If they cant use you then they will lose you and move on to the next sucker.

The most a girl will do is get you involved with their other male friends at bars or clubs. There is almost a 0% possibility of you getting her alone with you. By placing you in a social setting, women keep you feeling helpless because you wont be able to make an inch of progress with her. Every flirtacious move attempted by you will be diffused by the crowd and she intended for this to happen. My bottomline point is women just place you in "hazing environments" to keep you from becoming more than friends with her. Why do they do this?............They would rather have multiple guy friends because it suits their needs more often than dedicating themselves to one guy.

Like you, I also take on this neutral mode :) I probably will be single for the rest of my life, Big Whoooooooooop this place suxs

Dave_McFadden

I hate to put you guys to shame, but I don't need a plan. The whole "single" thing just comes naturally for me. Some people have an innate talent for hitting a round ball with a round bat. Some have a natural ability to negotiate and do well in business. Me, I can break the spirit of a relationship before it even raises its head. From 500 yards. That is my gift.

I am at the point where, I can't decide if I need more or less beer. Although I'm sure I will instinctively make the proper decision to keep me on the single path.

Cheers!! :wink:

TooShyShy

If she shows intrest just blow it off and say that there is probaly some one behind me or that she realy has a friend she wants to hook me up with. (Is everyone writing this down?)

If I'am dealing with the rare person who refuse to be turned off by my outer shell then I milk the clock (stall-stall-stall) untill they meet another person and forget about me.

This is so sad..how could you just let it go if she is genuine without any major regret..or trauma to yourself emotionally, mentally, etc? WHHHHHY would you do this to yourself..or her?

Sorry-short vent :(

StonedBob

I just discovered this thread today, and I must say it's really interesting. I'm myself a GRA (Girls Repulsive Artist) and I'm thinking of writing a book on how to make sure to stay single in every circumstances, I will certainly call it "The Shame: Penetrating the Secret Society of Girls Repulsive Artists".
Anyway, I would like to give some more tips to Tampa-Bay, you looks very skilled and your tricks to be sure that girls won't talk to you are good. But you look a bit lost when the girl insists and even begin to speak to you. If that happens, if a girl begins to speak to you, it's easy. First, stay calm, you don't need to worry. Take a deep breath and everything will be fine.
Secondly, begin to talk with her but with your most dull voice. Ask her boring questions and be sure she can only answer by yes or no. Change of subjects every 3 seconds (eg. : "Do you like cars?",... , "Oh you do, nice, have you ever visited Paris?", etc...).
Thirdly : look at the same time bored and really nervous. It's easy, don't stop looking at your watch, don't look at her, have shaky hands, etc...
Normaly, she will find an excuse to leave you. If not, there is an escape plan, very powerful, just say : "I need to go to the restroom".
With these few tricks (and it also works for girls wanting to stay single), you will have no problem to stay single another year.
Just remember : staying single is an art and just one moment of inattention can lead you in an healthy and happy relationship with a girl, so stay careful.

Last edited: