My parents don't believe there's anything wrong!

Neebo

I am really pissed off at the moment because my parents don't really believe I have SA/SP and they just don't understand :x Their showing me little support and they don't really believe there's actually anything wrong with me. Even though
Number 1: I have no friends at all.
Number 2: Have no girlfriend.
Number 3: I am still a virgin at the age of 19.
Number 4: Can't socialize or make friends with people. And last but not least
Number 5: Am very nervous and anxious most of the time and have had panic attacks.
So there you go. If that wasn't evidence enough that there's something wrong then I really don't know what is :x I don't who to turn to for support or what to do :? Is anyone else in the same predicament?

marki

I know exactly what you're talking about neebo.. i have a very bad relationship with (expecially) my mother, we constantly argue cause when i got home im constantly irritated and down because i have a bad day almost every day, and whenn i tell her wy i had a bad day she just tells me to shut up and be stronger..but i just can't and she doesn't understand that. I also cry alot and whenn she sees that she just tells me to stop cause i don't have a reason to cry, she doesn't even asks me why i cry, she thinks i do all this to get attention. It really hurts my feelings that she thinks about me that way.

elProscrito

yep, i'm in a similar position
your parents don't want to accept the fact that you have sp, cause accepting the fact that theres something wrong with you would mean theres something wrong with them
or maybe they think it's some teenage phase and you will get over it soon
show them some pages on the internet about sp, maybe they'l understand

4myself

I agree with elProscrito, I think alot of the time that parents think that your problems reflect badly on them. I think that the best thing to do is focus on yourself and your own well being and dont pay too much attention to the people who are not conducive to your healing (even if they are your parents). I think the great thing about this forum is that its full of people who can relate so I hope that you find some comfort here.