My new kitten

divethruhaze

actually, dogs and cats have about the same intelligence. But cats appear dumber cause they are 'arrogant' in their nature.

dogs are loyal and will do their best for their companions. while cats just lay around and don't do anything, they could learn but they are just too lazy compared to dogs
sooo dogs FTW :D
and your dog lover may have been referring to a dog's want to do its best as being dumb, i call it hard work/loyalty to its master

edit: yeah i should leave this thread before all of you cat lovers try to kill me :p

lunarla

actually, dogs and cats have about the same intelligence. But cats appear dumber cause they are 'arrogant' in their nature.

dogs are loyal and will do their best for their companions. while cats just lay around and don't do anything, they could learn but they are just too lazy compared to dogs
sooo dogs FTW :D
and your dog lover may have been referring to a dog's want to do its best as being dumb, i call it hard work/loyalty to its master

edit: yeah i should leave this thread before all of you cat lovers try to kill me :p

I'm not saying either are smarter than the other, I just plain love cats. That's not to say I don't love dogs too though, I'm an animal person in general. I actually think cats appear smarter because of their arrogant nature. Maybe that's what you meant to say. Cats basically have it made though. They sleep all day and prance around to owners at their every beckon call.

I rest my case though, we are both clearly biased and it's 2am, haha.