My Job Interview

anxiousmess

Hi everybody

I hope you are all okay!

I have a job interview tomorrow for a Team Leader role. I am currently working as a Support Worker and have been for 3 years. I am looking to aim higher. Looking for a more responsible role that deals with working and supporting others.

I am a little nervous about the interview. I have researched into the company and the role. I was a little nervous by the thought of the role due to lack of experience. But I am eager to stay positive.

Does anyone have any advice with remaining calm and any interview advice?

I'm really nervous in case my mind goes blank when asked questions and I would need to provide examples. Especially as I don't have experience in management.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I would guess you HAVE experience you aren't aware of - three years supporting others and dealing with them you've had management within that. Just reflect on those experiences doesn't need to be specific to management exactly. Not sure stated requirements but yes, state what you would do - experience won't be as important as showing enthusiasm or and some forethought and ideas as what you'd do or be like. From MY OWN EXPERIENCE when I've had a lack of experience in a role/job (even more of a lead one) that matters more. Unless it's like something requiring specific years/time of experience but they'd have stated that within it.