My friend may die...

I didn't know where to go so I came here to talk. Maybe just typing this out will help me feel better. I just got a call today that one of my best friend had a seizure on the weekend and they found a tumour in his head and it doesn't look good for him. He is going in for more tests tomorrow but the word is not good so far. I haven't seen him in a couple of years because of my agoraphobia and now I am feeling like a horrible friend for not having seen him. Just writing this is making me cry, yes guys do cry sometimes.

I just need someone to talk to, I'm 28, my friend is only 32. I don't know if I should go over there or if I should leave them be, they may not want me and my emotions over there right now.

I have dealt with death before but not with someone so young and so close. I just cannot shake this feeling of guilt, that I haven't been around in so long, that I haven't been a good friend.

Oh wow, what a day.

Emma

Why wouldn't they want you around? If he's your best friend I'm sure he would love to see you now.
As for not seeing him for a couple of years....people sometimes go in different directions, it wasn't your fault you had agoraphobia, did he come and see you at all? I don't think you're a horrible friend, you obvioulsy still care about him, that makes you a good friend.

I think they need time to themselves right now, allow everything to sink in, I would just be in the way if I were there. 32 years old, it is just so young. No it's best at this point that I stay away, I will try to get the nerve up tomorrow to call and give them my best wishes. Maybe the tests will come out good and it's something they can operate on.

maggie

Robert_Dobo_USC said:
I didn't know where to go so I came here to talk. Maybe just typing this out will help me feel better. I just got a call today that one of my best friend had a seizure on the weekend and they found a tumour in his head and it doesn't look good for him. He is going in for more tests tomorrow but the word is not good so far. I haven't seen him in a couple of years because of my agoraphobia and now I am feeling like a horrible friend for not having seen him. Just writing this is making me cry, yes guys do cry sometimes.

I just need someone to talk to, I'm 28, my friend is only 32. I don't know if I should go over there or if I should leave them be, they may not want me and my emotions over there right now.

I have dealt with death before but not with someone so young and so close. I just cannot shake this feeling of guilt, that I haven't been around in so long, that I haven't been a good friend.

Oh wow, what a day.
hey Robert..just noticed this thread now, sorry..i just wondered how things went for your friend..and how you're holding up.