My anxiety and school :(

Marie19

Every time I go too school or even think about school I get anxiety chest pains, heart racing and etc . Today I was at school and the teacher had put me in smaller classes and I STILL had the anxiety ... worse of all is the school is still huge so i was pushed and had too walk through the crowds. My mom is getting really stressed because of me ... And I feel bad but I feel like no one is understanding . . Every time I mention how the anxiety makes me feel and even my depression everyone shrugs it off and says "oh well i get chest pain too." I could not stop crying when I came home today . . I just feel worthless and that nothing will ever work out because it hasn't all these years.

I've been trying too find different alternative high schools for myself and telling my mom . However she is done with it and doesn't want to hear about it and most of these alternative schools you have too be a specific age. I feel like I have not found a suitable school one that makes me comfortable . The only one that did was private school but at the moment my mom cant afford it unfortunately.

Anyways I just wanted too get that out . . I know you guys may go through the same issues so I just wanted too post this some place where people may understand. :\ I have too go too school tomorrow or go too a hospital . . So I'm really not happy about those options. I just cant keep going through this with school . . Sometimes I feel like dropping out but my mom would get in trouble and I know I want too do well in life but if nothing has ever worked out in the past I doubt my future will .

Sorry for the long postt.

Last edited:

Silvox Black

Such chest or heart pains that you describe are most likely part of a condition called Angina. I too have felt such agony when dwelling on emotionally painful or stressful moments. I sincerely hope that you will find a way to be able to survive in that place. Would you be willing to speak to me as to why school is so unbearable for you that you are unable to attend? Though I do understand why you would hate such a place, many of us do.

Marie19

Thank you ! Its the crowds at my school that are the hardest to deal with . . even walking through the halls too my next class i feel like i completely shut down ; I felt like leaving/skipping but security is so tight. I wish there was other ways I could complete high school without having too go through this. It stresses me out because whenever I get the anxiety is like this chocked up feeling kinda like I want to burst out in tears.

My SP started in school, back when I was in 7th grade, though the worst hit in 8th grade. When that came around, I refused to go to school. Overtime the school listened to me and we work things out. But I doubt that would have happened had it not been for the fact that my dad was a teacher there. For the longest time I couldn't go to school without freaking out like no tomorrow, and I was taken to doctors all over, in time they said I had SP and so yea. I missed all of 8th grade though. There was a deal in place where I would work in a small room everyday, it worked to a degree, but I lost the friends I had, social interaction wasn't there, and it was the year I was finally getting somewhere socially. In the end I was forced to go to class and sit there for 3 weeks near the end of school so they could pass me. It was hell, and I have blanked all those memories.

hi marie19, i think i can kinda understand how your feeling. i dont know what to suggest about changing schools. but all i can say is that its understandable that your mum feels stressed out about things, but tell her that you want to see a counsellor, a physchiatrist or even take anti-depressents.
i know you may not want to do any of these things, but try to make her understand, jump-start her into realising that you aren't just trying to ditch school.but that you've got some serious problems. because what you said that she says " i get chest pains too", to me it seems that she does'nt understand fully how anxious and depressed you are. hope this helps
x

Marie19

Thank you ; I am completely down when it comes too school. I have been too so many schools thinking that I would be okay then I experience the worse of panic attacks,

Does anyone have any alternative options or know of any options when it comes too school? I barely have credits too graduate and would like too know a name of any program or something that could be helpful . . . Maybe online maybe for schooling but in my state I doubt that's allowed. I may get left back again due too this and I really really don't want that.

Thank you again everyone ! I'm glad I'm not alone.

P.S. - I do see a therapist and psychiatrist.

kittypants

there are also workbooks like social phobia workbook and others that can teach you skills to deal with this.
i quit high school many years ago and then went back and got a GED. i fought my way through college and did manage to get a masters degree with meds and sheer will. i highly recommend you fight this and pursue the life you really want to live. it is worth the hard work.