My Agoraphobia and Shame

Lord Baltimore

I have a very peculiar face, it's misshapen and I have large droopy lips. I get awkward attention all the time and it makes being in public very uncomfortable for me. Due to this I have developed very bad social problems, I have tremendous anxiety problems now and I'm also battling agoraphobia. I don't have any friends or acquaintances, I've lost contact with all of them, I live in a new place with no connections, I've been here for some years now.

Life is very tough for me now, everyday is extremely lonely, and going out is still hard. I feel like the only thing that can really help me is cosmetic surgery.

You don't want to do cosmetic surgery. That never works right and it'll just end up costing a fortune. Is it possible that it's just your imagination?? And if anybody is superficial enough to not speak to you because of how you look they probably aren't worth getting to know anyway

Hey there, first of all i want to give you a *hug* because i understand what you must go through.. I also battle with agoraphobia and I don't feel happy in my own skin. I get alot of awkward attention too in public, because I act very timid and shy around people, and anxious most of all. People can see I fear them, and they look at me with that ''What's wrong?'' face. I have a huge imagination so sometimes I fantasize too much about people having weird thoughts about me, but maybe they only catch an eye on me, and they go further with their life. It's just me watching them, them watching me, and that's it. But I make a whole point out of it.. strange isnt it :rolleyes:
I hope I can deal with this somehow. Because social situations frighten me too much. I find it even hard to go to the supermarket. Just because I know people can judge me, and because I don't feel secure at all. I need to be confident, and I try to act like that, but it's pretty much fake, I guess.

About Cosmetic surgery, I don't think that's the way, Won't you rather find a way, to love yourself and find acceptance? Like the other poster said, it's expensive and the outcome is never guarranteed that you will like it..
Acceptance is the best way. I think. For myself too, and you can do lots of other things, like getting a new haircut, paint your hair, make up, find cool clothes you like to wear. Nice shoes, or anything what makes you feel good;)

I'm sorry to hear you don't have many people who are there for you, well, I think people from SPW would love to befriend you, because they know how that feels :), and they battle with this fight too.

I wish I could say any helpful tips, or good advice, but all you should do is never give up, and keep having faith, and seek help for the probs you've got and try to face your fears.

Good luck :-*
xX Flowery

Last edited: