My advice to control anxiety

dannyboy65

First off, I will state I am not an expert. I do know how to deal with anxiety though because I have had an anxiety disorder my whole life. In the past few weeks I fought that anxiety and I beat it. I am here to share my tips on how I beat it.

First off I did something that is very hard, I let go of all the negative people in my life and surrounded myself with positive people.

I stopped drinking and doing recreational drugs.

I take my pills on a schedule and never miss them no matter how good I feel.

I started taking vitamin D to help with seasonal anxiety, it sounds odd but it sure does work.

I also started to practice meditation, meditation mixed with breathing exercises is an excellent way to relieve stress and anxiety.

I found out ways to avoid negative things like the news, I found the most news I got was from Facebook. So I added an extension called Facebook Purity and I made my Facebook only show the things I want to see.

My last tip is this, it is probably one of the hardest things to do and takes a lot of will power. Stop worrying about the things you have no control over, worry about number 1 and that number 1 is you.

I hope these tips help they sure helped me and I hope they do the same for you.

MotherWolff

Banned
First off, I will state I am not an expert. I do know how to deal with anxiety though because I have had an anxiety disorder my whole life. In the past few weeks I fought that anxiety and I beat it. I am here to share my tips on how I beat it.

First off I did something that is very hard, I let go of all the negative people in my life and surrounded myself with positive people.

I stopped drinking and doing recreational drugs.

I take my pills on a schedule and never miss them no matter how good I feel.

I started taking vitamin D to help with seasonal anxiety, it sounds odd but it sure does work.

I also started to practice meditation, meditation mixed with breathing exercises is an excellent way to relieve stress and anxiety.

I found out ways to avoid negative things like the news, I found the most news I got was from Facebook. So I added an extension called Facebook Purity and I made my Facebook only show the things I want to see.

My last tip is this, it is probably one of the hardest things to do and takes a lot of will power. Stop worrying about the things you have no control over, worry about number 1 and that number 1 is you.

I hope these tips help they sure helped me and I hope they do the same for you.

I agree with everything except the prescription pills part. Prescription medications are drugs too and should also be cut out and replaced with herbs. After all, prescription drugs come from herbs.....

dannyboy65

I agree with everything except the prescription pills part. Prescription medications are drugs too and should also be cut out and replaced with herbs. After all, prescription drugs come from herbs.....

I agree I am currently trying to find ways without them but I am not yet ready.

dannyboy65

Wow amazing share!

I would also recommend vitamin B12, which has helped a lot during my depression. Awesome stuff.
Meditating 15 minutes is a must :) Been doing it for quite some time now, helps a lot.

Also start doing physical exercises to help you release the stress and also get in a better mood. Scientifically proven that exercising releases endorphin

I knew I forgot something I did start exercising and it does help a lot.

dannyboy65

Why do you feel you are not ready, my friend?

Maybe you can taper off of your meds.

I desperately wanted off my meds so I stopped immediately, one by one each week.

It's hard to say when I stopped them they really effected me. I was never sleeping and I was getting more and more depressed. So ever since all that happened I started taking them again in a schedule and I've been feeling better. While on top of that doing a lot to control my anxiety. My pills to are not just for anxiety they are for schizophrenia, depression, and anxiety. So as much as I may not like it, I need to keep taking them for the people around me.

beatriz

thank you for posting this:) you reminded me how important it is to stop the negative thought process and the inner critic and become your best friend, who supports you and encourages you :) only positive thinking.
tho i must say...sometimes its not even the negative thinking that is bad...sometimes i get all these feelings, bad, sad feelings that then might start the negative thinking, but no matter i stop it, yet the feelings are still here...so definitely working not only on the positive thinking but also on meditation. i ve been practising it lately, not consistently but more and more i see that meditation is the only way to get peace of the mind and soul. .... i do practise eft as well ....did quite some alright change in me....tho still lot has to be worked on...

dannyboy65

thank you for posting this:) you reminded me how important it is to stop the negative thought process and the inner critic and become your best friend, who supports you and encourages you :) only positive thinking.
tho i must say...sometimes its not even the negative thinking that is bad...sometimes i get all these feelings, bad, sad feelings that then might start the negative thinking, but no matter i stop it, yet the feelings are still here...so definitely working not only on the positive thinking but also on meditation. i ve been practising it lately, not consistently but more and more i see that meditation is the only way to get peace of the mind and soul. .... i do practise eft as well ....did quite some alright change in me....tho still lot has to be worked on...

Exactly you're not going to beat it in a day you just need to keep pushing at it and over time it will get better

dannyboy65

Wow amazing share!

I would also recommend vitamin B12, which has helped a lot during my depression. Awesome stuff.
Meditating 15 minutes is a must :) Been doing it for quite some time now, helps a lot.

Also start doing physical exercises to help you release the stress and also get in a better mood. Scientifically proven that exercising releases endorphin

I take multivitamins which I think have B12 and also Vitamin D along with other vitamins. So not just my mind is getting healthier but my body is too.