Moxonidine

Stuckwithme

I have been using Moxonidine for two day's now. 0.2 mg twice a day. Maximum dose is 0.6 mg per day.

Results so far.

It doesn't do anything for my high blood pressure (this is first of all a blood pressure medicine) so it is not nearly as effective as Propranolol for me when it comes to lowering blood pressure. On the other hand, I did not wean off on the Inderal so that causes a rebound in pressure. So maybe in a couple of weeks my pressure will have stabilized. I feel thought that the effect of the drug is very short so one would probably have to take it three times a day. I will try that later because it will probably be no problem for me to take 0.2 mg x 3.

I have felt no side effects what so ever. Nothing. Hardly even feel as if I have taken a medicine. No dry mouth, sleepyness, nothing. Kind of embarrasing to talk about but it's nice to be able to get a real boner now when I am off Inderal. There seems to be no sexual side effects with this one.

Regarding the sweating. I do notice that I sweat less on Moxonidine. That was not my major concern when taking it. My major concern was blushing, but it doesn't seem to do very much to prevent it. Thing is that my blushing is normal. It means I blush, I turn a normal red color in the face and then it goes away after a few seconds. I don't think there is any cure at all for that besides maybe an anti depressive that will stop you from obsessing about it. EVERYONE blushes and is able to blush so there is nothing strange with that or wrong with the system. That is how we are supposed to function. I have come to terms with that. I just have to work on my self esteem a bit more and not give a **** about blushing and I won't.

It's a different story with flushers. They might be helped with Moxonidie. I don't know.

Anyhow, back to the sweating. I noticed I sweat a lot less but it is by no means a mircale drug. My Hyperhidrosis isn't very bad, but I tend to sweat a lot on my hands and back when I'm in social situations. Not so that it is dripping but I do get wet. I noticed that while on Moxonidine, I don't get wet, only moist so to speak. It's nice, but not worth taking the drug for in my opinion since sweating doesn't bother me that much and Botox takes care of the hands.

So that is my story on Monoxidine. I think it is important to share as lot of information as possible about drugs one has tried so others know. I searched a lot for Monoxidine but there wasnt really much information on the internet. Most who tried it just said it didnt work very well for them and thats it. Not very helpfull.

Also, another important thing. Moxonidine is a selective sort of drug and judging from my experiences, selective drugs are not nearly as effective as non-selective drugs. For example beta blockers. I tried selective ones like Seloken and they were useless. Took them for months and they didnt do very much for pulse, stress or pressure. Then I took Inderal, the non selective version and it was much, much more potent. My heart nearly stopped while taking them ha ha. Bad thing is that non selective always leave you with more side effects. But that is also the reason to why they are more potent!

So I have heard people claim that Moxonidine is "better" than "Clonidine". Better maybe by less side effects, but I would be very surprised to see that it is more effective than Clonidine. I don't think it is.

I will try Clonidine next month and see what it does to me. If I am not happy with Moxonidine by the end of the month I will give it up.

I feel my hands now and they are kind of dry, so these pills do SOMETHING, if only a little.

I'll be back.

Stuckwithme

Day 3. I am definately sweating a lot less. Specially on my hands, ass and back I am sweating significantly less. I experience no side effects at all.