Moving again

walltulip

A few months ago I had no idea what I was doing with my life because everytime I move to a new place I face the same problems with being shy and quiet and finding it hard to fit in at work or to find friends. I moved to this small town and started meeting some people but then had a bipolar episode and did some crazy things and had to go in a psych ward. I am recovered, taking medication, but I am moving back to the same small town leaving tomorrow. I am trying to be optimistic but I feel really ashamed and am beyond scared of seeing people there again. Everyone knew my situation.

I feel like this is my only chance at being happy again though because this is the only place I have really started to make friends easily at. I also met a guy there and really want to see him again even though he probably thinks I am crazy. I feel this is worth a try anyways although if I fail at this I am going to feel like giving up. I discovered this forum yesterday and got pretty excited. I have always felt so alone in my quietness. I was hoping that someone would have something supportive to say before I left. Lately I have been making an honest effort to talk and make conversation with people even when I am feeling really scared. Its helping a bit but I'm still pretty awkward and quiet. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

JustClare

Hello There! Thank you for commenting on my thread! I hope your move went as good as mind did and that you are settling in! How are things going? I really want to make an effort to meet more people but just dont know how to go about doing it. I really don't go anywhere...my new neighbor wanted to take me out but I was like a deer in headlights and used the I'm settling in excuse...and now I try to avoid him...goodness it can be so hard!!! I am hoping things are going good for you!! Take Care! Clare

reslo

I think that you're definitely brave! I hope things go/have been going ok! I have a relative, and 3 friends that have spent time in mental hospitals (that I know of). You never know what the people in your town have experienced in their past or in their families.
You may have to give your friends time to get used to you, and the true friends will stick by you. I think that it's neat you push yourself to talk to people, eventhough it's awkward- if i had done that more, i probably would have more friends. So definitely do what you've been doing- reach out to people, and worry about yourself and the things you need to get done, and not any smalltown gossip.