Most Embarssing Conversation Ever

spikefan777

I'm not sure about whether it was or not cause I've had some really awkward conversations with people but anyway this one was defintely very embarssing! :oops:
I'm sitting in class reading my book and the guy in front of me turns around with his hands over my desk and continues to play some kind of game on his cell phone. This dude is a total show off he just wanted me to be impressed by his sidekick or something. :roll:
A minute or two goes by and he finally decides to say something to me.

Him - So what do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?
Me - Not really
Him - Are you into any sports
Me - No, I don't really like sports.
Him - Thats too bad. I play baseball, basketbal, blah, blah, blah. So what do you do then?
Me - Um... I watch TV?
Him - What's your favorite show?
Me - I don't know. Don't really have one. (Biggest lie ever)
Him - Do you watch the O.C.? (His favorite show. He's ALWAYS talking about it.)
Me - Nope, never seen it.
Him - Do you have any friends? (OMG, why do people assume that I have no friends?! I have a lot of friends in fact. Not too close to any of them I admit, but I have friends! What really pisses me off is that we've gone to school together for 3 years at a school where everyone knows about everyone else. I had 5 or 6 BEST FRIENDS at that school, how can he possibly forget?)
Me - Yeah of course!
Him - That's good. It's good to have friends.
Me - Yeah...
Him - So do you have a myspace?
Me - I hate that site.
Him - Yeah me too. (He talks about his profile on it ALL THE TIME.) So do you go to dances?
Me - Not really.
Him - Have you EVER been to a dance?
Me - Yes! (In fact, I've danced with him before.. in 7th or 8th grade!)
Him - Have you been to a dance this year?
Me - Nope.
Him - So do you have a boyfriend.... or a girlfriend?
Me - (Bursts out laughing) No I do not have a boyfriend.
Him - Do you like the guys at this school?
Me - Yeah I guess so...
Him - Tell me. Who do you like? (Like I'd tell you!)
Me - (Getting really uncomfortable and nervous) I don't know...
Him - Okay, so you like watching TV and you hate sports? (Turns back around in his seat, FINALLY.) Nice getting to know you.

5 minutes later I asked the substitute teacher for the bathroom pass and I went in there and cried. :cry: I really think that I hate this dude. Do I have a reason to?

That sounds pretty unpleasant. Sounds like he fancied you though to be honest, bit rude, but he wasn't exactly nasty (although completely tactless), but you totally have the right to be upset if he made you feel bad, he probably just wanted to get to know you, and cos you weren't very chatty got annoyed and gave up, from what you said it didn't sound like he was trying to upset you.

Don't really have much advice, but hope you're feeling better soon x

sensitive

Yes, i think you have a reason not to like him. He's totally insensitive, shallow etc person. Was it necessary to ask all these silly questions, that exposes his foolishness.

spikefan777

I just realized that I forgot a part of the conversation!

Him - Do you enjoy being anti-social?
Me - No...
Him - Are your parents quiet?
Me - No.
Him - Are your parents loud?
Me - Yeah.
Him - Do you talk a lot at home?
Me - Yeah.

Richey

Sounds like he was trying to impress everyone in the class but probably achieved the opposite thats why he kept bouncing questions off you and i know that in class im the same i keep the answers short and sweet unless everyone is is seperated into groups but when everyone is quiet i try and avoid conversations because everyone is listening, what you did was fine, no need to feel embarressed

spikefan777

Thanks everyone! :( I don't know, maybe I'm taking this conversation too seriously? I just don't understand how we could've gone to school together for 3 or 4 years now and he decides to talk to me right now.
And no I doubt he likes me like that, he has a girlfriend. He was making out with her before class, lol.

Try to not focus on it too much, he was probably just trying to show off, or nosey into why you're not talkative. I know while you're in school people like this matter a lot, cos you're around them all the time, but hopefully once you finish school, and never see this guy again you'll understand how little his opinion matters.

Hugs x

romeno82

hey spikefan do you really take such a guy seriously??? (if he tries to damage you, I dont know. maybe he likes you?). I think you give too much importance to it. He is just a child like you and me. Are we not just childs?? Please believe in yourself. I think you are a good person, you are worth talking to, PLEASE believe in yourself unconditional, I DO! I just really can´t understand how you take such a guy seriously, dont you have some self-respect. Or is he god. Please respect yourself