morbidly hypersensitive and isolated

nonentity

I've been agoraphobic for my entire adult life. Even before I became trapped in my house, I struggled to relate to other people. I've never understood the nuances of human interaction, perhaps I had/have Asperger's I don't know. I've always been MORBIDLY hypersensitive. I was always so fragile and easily hurt, and always spoke with an honesty and literalness that was disarming and off-putting to most people. I never had more than 1 or 2 friends and since my agoraphobia took hold I've had NO friends except 1 or 2 I met on the computer but are no longer in my life. Can ANYONE relate to any of this? I should be used to isolation and loenliness by now but it never ceases to be difficult, heartbreaking really. I live in torment. Well thanks for listening.

Nervous

I can relate to the social anxiety and hypersensitivity. I wouldn't really call people on the internet friends as I hardly know them.

LMWhite

I can absolutely relate, it's like you are describing me. I have no friends in life and it is so lonely. I could not go to my sons bnad concert lastnight because the very thought of sitting in an auditorium with so many people. No way. People are mean. People are gossipy. I just can not subject myself to that. I do not talk much to people on the net. What causes this? Doctors in my town do not take this serious so I have given up on the medical system, it's a joke to them.