montreal to new york connection?

marc72

anyone from montreal that would like to communicate with a new yorker?? i go to montreal alot so send me a email or page thanks.

marc72

montreal.

i have freinds and family there? so i go often. I have friend in Cote des nieges that i see often. So it would be cool to communicate with others living in montreal with anxiety issue. I always have a good time there.

Sebastian

My e-mail is [email protected]

The weird thing is that I've never met a sociophobic in my life, not that I knew he was one. Do your family or friends know you suffer from Social Phobia?

hermitt

i wish, but i already got a school and a job here.. looking for second job...
maybe after i graduate, in 4 more years.. damn...

marc72

HERMITT you live in vancouver? I heard it is nice there good weather i suppose and easy access to the west coast scene. I remember this rap group really big over there that won the Canadian award. i forgot their name anyway, you or Sebastien dont watch Trailer Park boys i suppose. i like it.

Sebastien ill email you.
Anyone been to Toronto? I was there twice but back in the 1990's. Still like Montreal though more used to it..Toronto has easy access to American stuff though music etc..but Montreal too but toronto reminds me too much of the states.

Ottawa I only spent a few hours there so I havenot got a chance to feel my surroundings.

hermitt

yup! right in downtown. yeah, it's nice and beautiful here. but i guess i like quebec(province) better, since i don't live there : ) you're probably thinking about swollen memebers.. yeah, my brother in law has seen/talk to them couple times.. one of the guys goes to same gym as him. seeing a stars here isn't that much of a big deal.. i walk into movie/tv set(etc) about 3 times(most) a week.. i've been to toronto(airport). it's nice and clean :lol:
and no, i don't watch trailer park boys, i don't have cable :)

Sebastian

There's a cool Canadian movie with the Swollen Members in it, it's called "Going the Distance". They're not the protagonists, they only have a minor role. It's nothing exceptional, but it's funny, you guys should watch it. :)

I've been once to Toronto, but I didn't like it that much. As Marc said, it reminds you more of an American city. I've also been to Ottawa once, but didn't have the time to visit it entirely. I just went to a soccer match in one of their biggest stadiums.

I heard that people in Vancouver were easy going and friendly.

hermitt

there was this one article in our local indie paper.. it's kind of newspaper every artschool kids watch out for.. kind of like our bible i guess.. anyways.. the article.. it was about how vancouver is the most unfriendliest place to live.. downtown wise. it's hard to make friends, lot of homeless/drunk/drug addicts around, pretty depressing.. and there are lot of clubbers around at night to remind you how much you're not like them, but not exactly different from them. No nice friendly smile, rarely, or hello...it's soo much different from when i used to live in a small town. when i first moved to the city it depressed me soo much. changing city and school took a lot on me. friendliest city? then again, what IS friendsliest city to bunch of SA's?

Sebastian

Well, downtown Montreal (especially in the East side) can be quite tough as well. But, you have such zones in every big city. Nevertheless, I'd have to say that people are pretty friendly here in Montreal, especially in the Plateau Mont-Royal, which is an alternative/hippie zone. The people there are great! Sometimes, you can feel as if you went back to the 60's =)

hermitt

hm.. i would LOVE that type of place... i DID enjoy a great deal of old section of montreal.. it's not close by mont royal is it? don't remember much of it... there is this one cafe named "cobalt", by rue saint-paul? really nice little cafe.. bit dark inside.. guess that's why i liked it.. only negative thing was this three people who came by was complaining about things non-stop.. lousy food, drink etc.. which i don't remember hearing, cause i was faarrr too mal nutritioned/zoned out :lol: .. mostly b/c i was starring at this cute waiter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sebastian

don't get me started about the waitresses here! They are sexy, cute, smiling ...and so on, so forth! :eek:

Sebastian

Yeah. I should start hitting on waitresses. I mean, nobody else thought about it before! It would be a genius idea 8)