Money problems forcing me back to work!

cobalt_bluester

Money problems are forcing me back to work but I am far from well enough to return to work! Help!!! I have only been off work for 2 weeks with bad depression, social phobia etc and am in a really bad place emotionally speaking and have been considering ending it all. nobody really seems to understand how bad I am not even my doctor, partner, parents or employer.

if i take more time off then it will leave us in financial hardship and that's only go to make me feel more depressed, but on the same note if I return to work then I will feel depressed too as I have to cope with people's ignorance day to day. why does no fucker understand that i need help???

cobalt_bluester

it seems that every time I post something really important to me, that I need answers and support on nobody in this forum really cares. gee, thanks alot!!!

Anubis

Are you interested in delving into painful areas to fix your problem? Because that's the only way you'll be able to do it. I started my journey to recovery about 6 months ago. And it's been a hell of a ride. However, the very first thing I did before trying any solutions was create a log about my life ... starting from Day ZERO. Yes, Day ZERO. I put all my memories from Kindergarten, 1st Grade ... 5th Grade ... 9th Grade ... College into NotePad and started connecting them to my current fears day by day. I was surprised to see what I found. It took a while to compile the information but it was fun - albeit in a sadistic way. Even though I couldn't immediately fix the problems, I at least knew where they were coming from. So when I started brainstorming solutions, I knew where to start and didn't feel lost. In the end, it was remarkably helpful. In fact, creating a log is essentially what a psychiatrist does. Doing it yourself just makes it a lot more comprehensive and much much cheaper.

I might even PM you my log in case you're interested. It's personal, but I don't care. I'll have to clean out the names first though :D.

cobalt_bluester said:
if I return to work then I will feel depressed too as I have to cope with people's ignorance day to day. why does no fucker understand that i need help???

Use your values to guide you. Is one of your values trying to measure other people's intelligence? It's not one of mine. My values are hard work, being helpful and being independent. I use these values to motivate me and I use mindfulness to stay in touch with the present moment. Sure, it seems that everyone we work with are idiots. But they have problems too. Nobody escapes this planet without feeling tons of pain, sadness and depression. Try not to judge others or yourself, when you do catch yourself judging, remember this disease makes us think the worst.

Work because you want to work, not because you have to. Think of it as the cheapest therapy you'll find.

www.thehappinesstrap.com

Sacrament

cobalt_bluester said:
it seems that every time I post something really important to me, that I need answers and support on nobody in this forum really cares. gee, thanks alot!!!

You waited 8 damn minutes for an answer and got all angry and shit. What's up with that?

Danfalc

Banned
cobalt have you thought about benefits?There not alot to live on at all,but it would be just enough to support you so you had some breathing room to focus on getting better.

nico82

I'm kind of in a similar position as you. I'm huge emotional mess on the verge of mental breakdown having to work only because I have to. I also feel that no one understands me and sometimes wish I could just drive off the freeway. But there's not much anyone can say, you gotta earn money somehow.

cobalt_bluester

Sorry about that just feeling bad at the moment and that's why it came across that way. apologies.

Sacrament said:
cobalt_bluester said:

You waited 8 damn minutes for an answer and got all angry and shit. What's up with that?

cobalt_bluester

Danfalc said:
cobalt have you thought about benefits?There not alot to live on at all,but it would be just enough to support you so you had some breathing room to focus on getting better.

hi danfalc. unfortunately, benefits alone would not be enough to support us so that really isn't an option for me but thanks for the suggestion.

cobalt_bluester

Pinker said:
Yes would there be some kind of benefits you could go on temporarily for health problems / mental health? If you saw your GP maybe they would be able to back you up? There must be something.

Have you got a mortgage to pay alongside bills etc? I know what it's like with depression but I don't have commitments like that. I wish I could offer more advice. I'm sure there's something available for you.

hi pinker. have been to my docs but they have not suggested this and as far as I'm aware the benefits available to me would not nearly be enough to cover our monthly outgoings as SSP is only around the £80 mark per week, and I usually gross about £300 per week you see.

cobalt_bluester

sabbath92003 said:
cobalt_bluester said:
if I return to work then I will feel depressed too as I have to cope with people's ignorance day to day. why does no fucker understand that i need help???

Use your values to guide you. Is one of your values trying to measure other people's intelligence? It's not one of mine. My values are hard work, being helpful and being independent. I use these values to motivate me and I use mindfulness to stay in touch with the present moment. Sure, it seems that everyone we work with are idiots. But they have problems too. Nobody escapes this planet without feeling tons of pain, sadness and depression. Try not to judge others or yourself, when you do catch yourself judging, remember this disease makes us think the worst.

Work because you want to work, not because you have to. Think of it as the cheapest therapy you'll find.

www.thehappinesstrap.com

hi sabbath thank you for your great insight, I will try and take on board some of what you said.