MiraDry? Avert? Secure wipes? Xanax?

Amherst

By coincidence, I asked Wannabedry's question last week to one of the physicians at the hyperhidrosis clinic where I go. This clinic pioneered some of the Miradry clinical studies and has had experience treating dozens of patients with this device. Here was the reply: The pros: Miradry seems to work and the patients seem satisfied. Usually, it requires two treatments separated by two or three months, and almost all of the patients returned for the second treatment. There seems to be a sweat reduction of at least 80 percent on average. The lymph nodes (and this was my major concern) do not seem to be affected. The cons: there tends to be a lot of swelling. In the worst cases, it has taken a week or longer to subside, and it can be painful. It seems that some of this might be operator-driven. The more experienced the doctor or clinic, the less likely the severe swelling will be (although there are always exceptions). I think that they have figured out how to refine the procedure. At some point, I would like to undergo this procedure, even though insurance will not cover it and it costs about 3000 dollars. But I am going to wait a couple of years to see if any nasty changes in those who have had the operation appear in the mid-to long term.

It is sunny, hot and humid as hell here in the mid-Mississippi valley- and I start sweating like a fiend almost as soon as I step outdoors. I need to move to somewhere grey and damp like Newfoundland, Ireland, Iceland or Scotland.

HHDisturbed

Although we do have people come and go, we also have a group of regulars.

I used to be a regular...now I am a large.

Welcome jjpb15. You are not alone. Whatever you do dont get Miradry mixed up with Miralax...two VERY different results.