Milgram experiment

Quinzio

Hi all, it's a lot of time I would like to ask this. I think it's very important for me, you could learn something as well, so please bother reading.

For those of you who want to have a background on Milgram:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The point is:
I am firmly convinced that if I were part of the experiment I would pull no or very few switches.
I know that voltages are harmless until 24Volts, so this is all I'd do.
Many partecipants, if interviewed before would claim the would never kill a person in this experiment, but eventually they did.
Nonthless, I remain convinced that I wouldn't do nothing.
I am very disobeying if I want to be.
Beside that, I remained quite shocked when I read about the experiment.

Questions:
Do you relate to me ?
Are you shocked/disturbed by the fact people shows this obedience that they could kill someone so easily ?
Are you generally obedient to parents/chiefs/authorities ?
Do you find easy or difficult to obey to authorities ?
How do you judge obedient and disobedient people ?
How do you think social phobic people can behave in this experiment ?

Please I need your comment as honest as possible, I do not need to read you're all obedient just because you think it's OK to obedient in this world.

Thanks

Doomed2Die

Woah, pretty startling results... disturbing, I would of thought much more would of stopped. Hmm "None of the participants who refused to administer the final shocks insisted that the experiment itself be terminated, nor left the room to check the health of the victim without requesting permission".

If I was told about the heart condition (in one of the variations) I would have stopped at the explantion of the shocking system. Otherwise I too would do something up till whenever I noticed the voltage was increasing, more likely I think I'll check on the 'learner'. I'll never reach dangerous voltage simply because of some experiment asks me to, if anything I'll try to stop the whole thing depending on if I could get to the 'learner' and what he has to say about it.

As for your questions. I can relate to you in that I would do something at least in the beginning, but really im not all that shocked that people can do something like this, its disturbing yes but something I kinda know already.

Heh, I'm fairly obedient and certainly if it is something which is essential for law and moral reason and on the other side if I cannot see sense of a rule or such It may be conflicting with my thoughts of the matter.

For me, those who are fully obedient follow their master/leader to anything and anywhere with no regard to their own thoughts on the subject, disobedient people are merely those who choose not to do this. Scale varies. I reckon SA sufferers may, possibly make a mistake on what they truly want to do due to pressure, but otherwise remain themselves.

I should say though, if a 'leader' figure told me to do something against my own principles then I would wholeheartedly disagree, maybe try to persuade (if possible) them otherwise, if they do not change then I would stand against them and try to resist whatever was asked even if it means im out of a job, so be it. I do not see myself or any other person alive as tools for the puppetmasters and rather hate it, people are equal and leadership should only be upheld in respect, not fear or otherwise. I do not follow any leadership other than the obvious creator and his own system, not the doctrines of man.