Mild HH stopped with Robinal

boss31

So I finally went to the derm at Cleveland Clinic to discuss possible treatments for HH. As a financial advisor I got sick of having to grab a paper towel in my pants pocket before shaking hands with someone for the first time. Wish I went 8 years ago.

I guess after reading some of the forums I have a more a mild case, no dripping hands or anything, that started in my mid twenties and I'm 34 now. Hands and feet. So annoying. Anyway, Robinul seems to be the answer. Three pills in the morning before eating and I have bone dry hands and feet. So weird to not have the need to change socks after work. Still able to sweat when working out etc but the constant slight dampness is gone. From the sounds of it, this med does not work for everyone though? Wonder if it depends on the severity of the case. Just wanted to throw it out there that it worked for me. I haven't tried itonophoresis but this med seems to work perfectly.

Looked at the bottle just now and after kissing it realized it is glycopyrrolate which is generic Robinul I guess. I was drinking sage tea for awhile there with some noticeable results but nothing like this pill. I get dry mouth a little bit but oh well. I like to chew gum anyway. Can't wait to golf with dry hands this summer!!

So I finally went to the derm at Cleveland Clinic to discuss possible treatments for HH. As a financial advisor I got sick of having to grab a paper towel in my pants pocket before shaking hands with someone for the first time. Wish I went 8 years ago.

I guess after reading some of the forums I have a more a mild case, no dripping hands or anything, that started in my mid twenties and I'm 34 now. Hands and feet. So annoying. Anyway, Robinul seems to be the answer. Three pills in the morning before eating and I have bone dry hands and feet. So weird to not have the need to change socks after work. Still able to sweat when working out etc but the constant slight dampness is gone. From the sounds of it, this med does not work for everyone though? Wonder if it depends on the severity of the case. Just wanted to throw it out there that it worked for me. I haven't tried itonophoresis but this med seems to work perfectly.

Looked at the bottle just now and after kissing it realized it is glycopyrrolate which is generic Robinul I guess. I was drinking sage tea for awhile there with some noticeable results but nothing like this pill. I get dry mouth a little bit but oh well. I like to chew gum anyway. Can't wait to golf with dry hands this summer!!

I thought I was a very rare case that got HH that DIDNT start in childhood. Im 20, got it a year ago :(. Have you tried drysol? Your condition/severity sounds similar to mine (hands/feet, not dripping, started later in life, etc), although I've never had to change socks... I consider my severity to be on the moderate level

Last edited:

margiehope

I'd say I had fairly severe cranio-facial HH, but glyco has helped hugely. It is SUCH an individual response.

There are drugstore products which can help with the dry mouth--tooth paste, mouthwash, etc. They're all things you use anyway, so win-win.

margiehope

really? i didn't think that was possible. i thought i read somewhere that it almost always starts in childhood...

Yeah well, "almost always" isn't always.

Don't mean that to sound as sharp as it might. I know when mine started and
as I say, I was in my 40's. In some ways, I'm glad, as it's harder to put up with many things when you're young. I was standing in front of classes of teenagers, but just wiped my brow and carried on.

I came upon glyco by chance, and with no thanks to any doctor, but for me it really has been a "wonder drug".