Mental instability, physically-demanding & life struggles

nicsa

Hi there,

Just wondering about the mental toll Hyperhidrosis gives to other long-term, 'chronic' sufferers and how it affects your day-to-day activities and general life.

Here's my story:
I've had HH all over since age 12 (****rty) that started with my right underarm dripping constantly and then the left catching up a month later but not being as heavy as the right. The right is still this way although sweating increased over the yrs to both sides. Being in high school with this possibly was the reason to this increase or maybe it did it naturally anyway...

Since this condition hit me, I have become socially reserved, introverted (well, I always was a shy, quite, sensible kid anyway - maybe this is why I have it? Something to do with nervousness??) and depressed with no friends and any social life. I struggle everyday just to do normal tasks and have never liked exercise especially when it causes me to increase my sweating a lot... I already have full body, constant sweating everyday even just sitting down, being inactive, walking slowly down a straight street so exacerbating the sweat is not ideal for me.

I am on Citalopram 20mg everyday which balances me out most of the time although every month or so I have a mental breakdown, anger and crying fits. A standard therapist I went to about 7/8 yrs ago was old, sour and had a thick Russian accent and was not helpful, empathetic or understanding. She said exercise would help as it releases endorphins but I said exercise only worsened my sweating and made me worn out instantly even in my fitter days. I stopped going after 2 sessions as I didnt feel it was helpful. I am thinking of changing my drs as this other 1 has a free MIND clinic and group sessions.

How do you cope? Has any medical or homoeopath treatments helped you? Does yoga/medication help suppress negative emotions and calm you down? Dose it help settle the HH?

I'm scared 1 day I wont cope any more and I'll lose it completely & be sent to a mental home.