Mental Illness In Family

Oddball

My mom is shizophrenic, she became like that when I was about 5 years old, she isnt violent at all and I hate it how people like her are sterotyped for being that way, infact she is the nicest person I know all my friends say she is the nicest mom they've ever met, and it pains me because she has such a big heart yet she has to suffer so much.

Anonymous

My dad has chronic depression and I have an auntie who is rather off the wall and has OCD. So yeah I have some in my family. :x

FruitLooPs

Anonymous said:
My dad has chronic depression and I have an auntie who is rather off the wall and has OCD. So yeah I have some in my family. :x

That was me, stupid thing logged me out!

Septor

Well both my parent was crazy.My father spent 5 yours in a mental institution for some kind of sexal crime.They said also he had Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder.As for my mother I know there was some wrong with her because she would act really bizarre.

ScaredyKat

My Grandad was diagnosed with schizophrenia but the medication sent him well doo-lally so now the doctors think they may have misdiagnosed him. My Mum also suffers from 'nerve trouble' as she puts it.

amandaspeak

You want a scary, reltaed thought? My mother and brother are subsisting on inheritances, because they cannot work due to social and agoraphobia.
The freaky thing is, I faced the same problem, but with no money. I sought treatment from a doctor (a thing my family with a Christian Science background will never do), and they found that a dangerously overactive thryoid gland was about to kill me both literally and figuratively. Following radiation, my anxiety and depression are almost gone.
But the learned behaviors to avoid people, etc., prevent me from making many new friends or getting a job I deserve...
So, yeah, thyroid disease and anxieties are heritable, funny coincidence, hunh?

Diluted_Acid

Mums side: the holocaust really screwed my grandad up, and since then i think he has bipolar, and was just very very anxious and regarded as 'wierd' by many. keep in mind there were no real psychologists and treatments back then. I think my mum inherited my Grandads anxiety, and my mum has had quite a few panic attacks, and has always been stressing and pushy towards me, worrying about things revoloving around time in general.

Dads side: Not to sure, however i find i'm very vulnerable and weak to powerful people like my dad, and a bit of a reserved person, unaproachable.

Anonymous

s.p runs in my family, my mum told me she has it about a year ago and since then wont talk about it, i find it really difficult as im at home with two little-uns.......my daughter is 5 and shows signs of it......it terrifies me that they will go through the same problems i have.... :(