Memoirs About Social Anxiety Disorder

this_portrait

Sooo. . .

I recently finished reading What You Must Think of Me by Emily Ford. It's basically about Ford's struggles with SAD, and how she overcame it. However, she doesn't really go into too much detail about her struggles, and much of the book is, in a way, like a self-help book. I was slightly disappointed after I finished reading it.

With that said, do you know of any memoirs written by sufferers, or previous sufferers, of SAD that are not self-help books? I have yet to find any, but it would be great if I found some to give me inspiration, as I wouldn't mind writing about my own experiences and struggles with SAD.

livingnsilence

Yeah I was disappointed by the book as well. I've yet to find any books that go into detail the struggles of SA. I myself am working on a book, but I suck at writing so I'll probably give up. The closest thing I've come to a book that is an actual story that I can relate to is "Smashed" by koren zialckas. It's more about alcoholism but there are things she talks about in it that sounds like she may possibly have SA and that it contributeted to the alcoholism.