Medications?

Edon1987

Hi. I havent yet been diagnosed with anything but im pretty sure i will be. for 19 years of my life i never had a single panic attack but as of late they have been frequent :evil:

After i go see a doctor im pretty sure they are going to stick me on some pill because thats what they do . . . i dont like medications tho.

i was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of meds i should avoid. honestly i just want the reassurance from the doctor, so i know that something is wrong and i can take the time to fix it but if hes going to force medications on me i wanna know that they arent going to mess with my day to day.

Danfalc

Banned
Hiya Edon.. i dont particularly like meds myself even tho my doctor has been perscribing them me for the last like 3 years.The main ones i think you might get perscribed are anti-depressants (they use these alot in the treatment of anxiety even if you dont have depression.. and i think there are like 3 different groups (fammilies) of ant-depressants.And maybe beta blockers for your panick attacks.

Speaking only from past personal experience,ive had sexual side affects which have been pretty bad.They have frequently messed up my sleep pattern/body clock.I cant say this for sure because it could of been other factors but i think some have even made my depression worse.. desensatized me and my feelings and at times made me feel suicidal.They have also definatley made my anxiety worse on occasions,

Im not terribly recpetive to mdeications as in i dont think they work for me,and i think this is because i have actual issues which need working through rather than a chemical imbalance in say my seretonin which meds are going to fix.Also if you get perscribed a specific medication,google it and im sure you will be able find lots of information of people who have been on it and have experience with it.

Sorry i know my answers been bit vague.. and im not really saying you should avoid certain types of meds.. because even tho ive not had much luck with them,they might be the stepping stone you need to ge better so its hard to say oh avoid this or that cos they really do affect everyone different.If you dont want to go down the meds route.. id say discuss this with you gp and maybe see what therapy they can offer instead.