Maybe it's a new addiction

dannyboy65

Well I'm on week 3 of quitting smoking and don't much crave it anymore. But what I do crave is human company. I only have one best friend, he's the only person I really hangout with. We haven't really got together to do anything in almost a month. We barely talk anymore, and now I find I do nothing but play video games. I guess it could be cause I'm lonely and video games help that loneliness go away. But I've gotten to a point where I don't even want to play video games anymore but I still do. I'm not saying it's a bad addiction, but I would like to get out more and technically I have no reason to get out of the house, and I would really like a reason too :/. Most of all I miss my best friend, he's always been a big part of my life and I just miss acting like fools together. Because well you know he's my only best friend and I can't picture anyone better to fit that picture.

surewhynot

I can absolutely relate. I spend a lot of time playing games quite simply because I have nothing else to do. It helps distract the mind and alleviate stress, though it most likely reinforces my depression in the long run.

Pretty much lost contact with all my friends since moving to a new city for school, which may have been one of the worst decisions of my life.

Missing

I tend to waste many hours playing games to forget things.

Why not contact your friend? Just start with a hey how are things going? And see if later there's an opportunity to ask to hang out.

dannyboy65

I do try and talk to him and invite him out but he never can or wants too. So I just play video games to try and stop feeling alone.

dannyboy65

I'm not really comfortable with strangers. Last time I was on one of those websites someone told me I was a girl and that I should show my boobs. I did not like that at all haha.

Missing

I'm not really comfortable with strangers. Last time I was on one of those websites someone told me I was a girl and that I should show my boobs. I did not like that at all haha.

Yeah I've always felt those sites were creepy.

Do you comfortable joining a friend seeking website? You can start by just chatting/writing and if they're in your area, meet up at mall or something? I met someone who lives a few hours away on a site similar to that. I've never met him in person but it's nice to talk with someone who can relate to the weather and current events. :)

dannyboy65

Yeah I've always felt those sites were creepy.

Do you comfortable joining a friend seeking website? You can start by just chatting/writing and if they're in your area, meet up at mall or something? I met someone who lives a few hours away on a site similar to that. I've never met him in person but it's nice to talk with someone who can relate to the weather and current events. :)

Not really my style I usually like to make friends in person rather then through internet but I'm awkward so it's not easy.

Sacrament

Do some volunteer work, red cross or those places that give shelter and food to the homeless, etc. But you have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone if you want to make new friends.

dannyboy65

Do some volunteer work, red cross or those places that give shelter and food to the homeless, etc. But you have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone if you want to make new friends.

I am actually considering to do some volunteer work me and my life coach are looking into it.