Martial Arts has helped my Anxiety TREMENDOUSLY

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Uhhhh no. I got your point I just don't agree with it, though your point was rather vague and all what if's rather than any facts..you should know there is no sure thing In a fight. No matter how good you are at striking, there is always a chance you will end up fighting off your back. Again my point..which you seem to miss,ignore or just stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you didn't hear, it's better to have some knowledge than none.

Reply if you want but I'm done trying to have a discussion with you.

I get what you're saying Dan and agree with you, BUT a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Just look at these guys.

YouTube - The Worst Kung Fu Movie Auditons EVER!!

So if air and inanimate objects kicks your arse, you may need to do a little more learning =)

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
I get what you're saying Dan and agree with you, BUT a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Just look at these guys.

A little knowledge is only dangerous if you don't have the wisdom to to use it ::p: Or if that knowledge is In the wrong hands, as your video clearly shows hehe.

Thanks for the video it made me laugh :) And yes those guys definitely need to do some more learning, or go back to their normal jobs:D

actually aside from fingers it's pretty hard to disolate part of someones body if the person is fighting back (you're more likely to accidentally break the bone while trying to dislocate it in most cases)

True, that's why atemis are so important before trying to dislocate or doing another thing. Anyway, against just one opponent in a real situation a simple unexpected ipon nukite in an eye is enough before escaping safely, or a quick kin geri. The point is: the easiest to do, the easiest to win.

AGR

True, that's why atemis are so important before trying to dislocate or doing another thing. Anyway, against just one opponent in a real situation a simple unexpected ipon nukite in an eye is enough before escaping safely, or a quick kin geri. The point is: the easiest to do, the easiest to win.

yes,I think that eye gouging you would have to at least have some control of your oponent to hit the target,finger striking never looked that effective to me,it would not be that easy unless your oponent wasnt moving in any way I think,but yes a uppercut to the groin would be my weapon in a fight,I do have some talent for boxing but I am not naturally tough,I would want to gain the upperhand as fast as I could,but its not a sure win,what if he keeps comming?
some martial arts treat this as some button that you push to win the fight,I doubt that in real life all situations would be that easy.

inconspicuous name

Uhhhh no. I got your point I just don't agree with it, though your point was rather vague and all what if's rather than any facts..you should know there is no sure thing In a fight. No matter how good you are at striking, there is always a chance you will end up fighting off your back. Again my point..which you seem to miss,ignore or just stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you didn't hear, it's better to have some knowledge than none.

Reply if you want but I'm done trying to have a discussion with you.

good to see you throwing a nice little tantrum there ;)

i don't really know how to explain this to you anymore, at no point have i denied that learning to fight off your back is a bad thing....just that it shouldn't be the first thing you learn how to do. i quite simply can not make that any easier to understand.

i'm not trying to appear ignorant or anything i'm just fairly sure that i'm one of the people here with the most fighting experience having spent most of my life in some sort of training.

Danfalc

Banned
that learning to fight off your back is a bad thing....just that it shouldn't be the first thing you learn how to do.

Right...

in a real life fight it would be useless until you are actually pretty well trained

I never said it should be the first thing someone should learn just that it has its uses. So if your going act all offended at least try and remember what you wrote, and then try and actually read what I wrote.

And lol @ "Not wanting to sound arrogant but I'm sure I have the most experience" But yeah I bow down to your elite martial arts prowess, I will take your word over people like Gracie that bjj is useless :D

lolwut