Marijuana/OCD

de-vin

I've heard people say that after they smoke marijuana their depersonalization(DP) gets bad. I've been smoking it on occasion for two years, but this summer after I smoke it my OCD and DP gets really bad and freaks me out. The OCD and DP stays really bad for three days gradually getting better...it's never done this before this summer...does any marijuana smokers do this?

blakeage

I never had any problem except feeling like people were out to get me. That was enough to quit smoking so much for me...

Windy74

It seems to amplify whatever is already in your head. So if you have a tendency to be paranoid anyway you should stay away from it until you are able to keep that in check without it.

meme

it really helps me. i sometimes smoke to get to sleep or i stay awake obsessing, but sometimes if i start obsessing while im high, i get really paranoid. what helps is to watch tv. it will help change your mind track.

Binkey

same with me, it helps but if i start freaking myself out, thats when i just need to sit down watch some tv, listen to music and chill

paulmm

words of wisdom, silent type

anyone with an anxiety disorder (OCD definitely included) should be careful with all drug use

this goes for most mental disorders

depressants can become habit forming, stimulants and hallucinogens can bring on more anxiety and/or panic attacks

and sometimes they do the exact opposite

its all about having fun and being careful - and this is coming from an experienced and enthusiastic drug user with OCD and mild depression

Hey Silentype,

I read your posts and man im right there with ya. Certain strains have certain potencies, i spose you could say - like alcohol, light, mid and fullstrength have the same overall effect, just takes more of the weaker one to get you there..

My fiance doesnt understand why i sometimes religiously smoke pot... and to be honest, her saying it can make me worse only makes me worry. When i have a choof, all im thinking about is how light i feel in the head and how funny that TV show was and jsut different good things, i love music for example.. i love listening and writing it....

Sometimes i think after binging on weed for a few weeks and then going cold turkey, it screws with your mind - like if you stopped taking your medicine..

One thing i want to say is, whether the drug is cultured in a lab, or in your backyard hydro setup... a drug is a drug, there are NO SAFE drugs, there are risks with drinking, as well as walking across the road - But you still do that ...

If only we could get the govt to agree.. those closed minded fuckers dont like weed smokers.. cause it opens different avenues of thought.. less mainstream and less doctrined... Free thoguht is something that govt's dont want, cause free thinkers make a difference. Sheep don't.

SMOKE WEED FOR LIFE BEBEH! WOO HOO

p.s. i loved growing up in Amsterdam! :D