marajuana

virtue

i used to smoke pot all the time but i stopped cause it was giving me hell bad anxiety,but only when i smoked.now a few years later ive stopped completely but the anxiety has remained,when i was younger i used to be a little shy,no anxiety though,im almost positive the pot did something to me long term which really sucks.

4seasons

dude, my situation is the exact same thing as yours. When ever i was high i used to get the same anxiety sypotoms i have now that i didn't have befor but when i was high they where ten times worse and now they are still there and wont go away........i never did think it was possible to be weed my friends made fun of me because i brought it up since weed "isn't a drug". I thought maybe i got some that was laced with something but i dont know....

Danfalc

Banned
Weed has caused me alot of problems too... i dont think its caused my sp but its definatley played a role.I use to think it was cool and did it half to try and fit in and half cos i had alot of problems and weed helped me cope by like escaping at the time.I smoked heavily from like 14/15 till i was 18 and it started making me paranoid lazy and panicky.... so i gave it up full stop and i felt great for a few weeks then boom my sp hit me out of no where really hard.I sometimes wonder if weed triggered my anxiety or i only realised i had it when i quit cos the weed was masking it.And if i smoke now it kinda makes my sp go through the roof and gives me an instant panick attack :?

Anyway virtue.. i worry to that i might have damaged myself long term with drugs.. i dont think we will ever know for sure..but one theory is like... yeah weed can make you paranoid and other stuff.. but some doctors believe that some people are born gentecialy vunerable to certain conditions.. and it just takes somthing to trigger them... eg a truamatic event or maybe in our cases the weed kick started it?And we might of still ended up with it even if we hadnt of smoked. Anyway sorry kinda rammbling but i was wondering if any one else gets this.. i dont smoke weed any more cos it makes me so ill but when ive attempted to in the past it makes my mind go into overdrive and i have so many thoughts bouncing round my head its really weird.

4seasons

What kind of parinoia are you talking about? like what do you get paranoid about. Because with me it doesn't involve like "someones out to get me" but i think of the weridest shit like last time i was high with a bunch of my friends my anxiety kicked in hard so i didn't talk and i just thought to myself. Out of nowhere i just started thinking "these people dont actually like me or want to hang around with me", and i was just making up all this false evidence in my head that they are allways trying avoid me haha. That couldn't be farther from the truth but weed made me think that, it happens with other stuff to that i dont want to mention.

space

I used to smoke pot heavily for about two years. I used to love smoking and just having a good time, talking about the stupidest shit and going on adventures (albeit if only to the store :)). Then something changed, and fairly rapidly. I began to get very pronounced symptoms of sp, enough to where I hung out with my friends less and less in order to avoid smoking. I pretty much quit except durring times when I felt confident that I could maintain myself. There were some things that pretty much gave me panic attacks, for example, I could no longer enjoy smoking in a group...for some reason I became "hyper aware" of everyone and began analyzing everything that was going on, I no longer had a concept of humor when this happened. When smoking with one or two other people the same basic thing happened, but also I became afraid to talk, it was like my mind went blank and I had nothing to talk about...but felt compeled to have a conversation. This created a great deal of anxiety.
I do not smoke hardly at all anymore, but I still have these symptoms at a minor level when I'm sober. I have had sp to an extent all of my life, but smoking has made it worse and it is a problem...