Manchester meet

Remus

Staff member
hi guys, this is spilling over from my SAUK thread but incase anyone in the UK didnt know and wants to come we are having a Manc meet at ROCKWORLD! (shwing) on the 22nd Jan

we have about 40 people coming already as its become very popular

so I reck the SPW crew should come along and be most welcome

heres the thread in SAUK :

http://azure.bbboy.net/sauk-viewthread?forum=3&thread=536

ARISE YOU ROCKERS!

if you are too skint to afford a hotel a few of us in manc are putting people up (yup I got a houseful already)

Remus

Staff member
it absolutely terrifies me :?

I've been nervous about it for a month now

but my SA mate shay encouraged me to go to one in october and it wasnt as bad as I thought (he did have to hold my hand to get me to go in the pub though)

everyone has SA and is as equally terrified, its OK not even spaek to if you dont have to, infact there none of the usual pressures to force yourself to socailize.

mind you saying that, its gonna be my last for a while as I kinda need a break from them as I do find groups stressful :S

Remus

Staff member
heres the SAUK post on the meet with the details:

Hi dudes, I was thinking of getting another big Madchester meet together due to the popularity of the last one. If anyone else wants to help out with the organisation please come forward

Meet will be at the Bar Med 22nd jan 7pm:

Bar Med
109 Princess St
Manchester
M1 6JB
(0161) 200 1800

map:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.4764&lon=-2.2384&scale=10000&icon=x

then onto Rockworld for a club, it caters for all tastes in music on a saturday indie/soul/dance/rock/60's-80's

made the date saturday the 22nd

Remus

Staff member
someone sent me an email about meet concerns but I sent a reply and got a mail delivery problem, I'll put my reply up here as I think it explains alot about meets and how to conduct them:

------------------------------------------------------

hiya xxxxxx,

no I'm not offended, some people like quiet meets like you described and usually do them privately and in small groups, I did one the other day which consisted of meeting in starbucks with two other people and going to afflecks palace for a little shop, it was nice and relaxed, I suffer anxiety too from going into pubs/clubs this time last year I could not have done it ,even had trouble leaving the house. I have been facing myself with challenges though, I find the more I do SA challenging things and come through them the more things I can do, my next challlenge is to go back to work, I havent worked for two years and had to drop out due to SA.

anywho...ekk I'm starting to ramble, if you would like to meet up with just a few people in quieter surrounding let me know and even if I wont attend I can put you in touch with those who do, theres a gropu of us that kinda hang out together and do things around manchester and are very good freinds, all with different levels of SA (and avoidance), I even went to the cinema the other day with freinds (oooo very scarey and claustrophobic for me) but it was reassuring that if I couldnt have coped with it, no one would have thought me strange for leaving half way through the film (like has happened in the past with 'normal' freinds)

about the meet though I chose Bar Med as it is usually dead on saturday night, so thats why I chose it, not sure if I will be up to the club myself, though booze does give me abit of liquid confidence.Some people only stay for an hour and then leave, I went to my first BIG meet before christmas but luckily I went with a mate who I knew from little meetings so it was easier, no way could I have done it solo EEEK!

I'm very nervous about this weekend now ,have been for a month :S
because I'm organising it I'll be the center of attention which scares the bejesus out of me

cya soon

Steve

--------------------------------------------------

Anonymous

I've never met anyone else in real life who suffer from SA. I would love to meet some of you and share experiences; rearsuring that I'm not alone. Plus the fact I live near manchester is even better. But I'm too scared plus probably too young to go. :(

Remus

Staff member
maybe meet people nearer your age one to one would be a good idea, worth putting up a post in the SAUK meetings board

stu84

you guys/girls still meet up?

i used to go rockworld quite alot (not that long ago), brilliant atmosphere in there, although ive not been up manchester for a while. sp sucks.

i think it would be good to hear from a few of you peeps cos i can relate to alot of what you are saying