making progress

dzerklis

hey all. ive made some pogress overcoming sp and thought i will create a thread we could share about our improvements. i think it could be motivational for us all? ok ill start:

- i usually dont have anticipatory anxiety before little things anymore, like going to dinner, goint to stores etc.
- i dont feel responsible for (uncomfortable) silences anymore when with people
- i can now make eye contact for a few seconds lol
- when passing houses with many windows and parking places instead of panicking im 'just' anxious lol

this thread sounds great dude

-my therapist is having me work on greeting people, something simple as "how are you doing" or "sup"

-try keeping my head up when walking anywhere

^^^ both of which im slowly getting better at as i gradually expose myself into those types of situations

my therapists is still having me work on what i've mentioned but now he's having me work on my tone of voice, speaking up which i am very, very, weak at, it's plain pathetic

that silence thing u've mentioned... happens to me 'alot' and i always feel like im wasting a part of the other person's life that they can't ever get back and i beat myself up alot over it when i get home :?

---my brother goes to wal-mart sometimes and tells me to tag along, before i seeked therapy i'd walk with him around the store but start having symptoms like sweaty palms, fast heart beat, head feeling stuck, negative thoughts of others just bad mouthing me

but now it's alot less tense and i now look forward to going to stores with my bro and walk around because i find it as an oppurtunity to work on a 'couple' of my many problems

dzerklis

hey btnh, i think quite a progress youve made, congrats :!:

cmon people :) tell us how you kick SPs ass, wed love to hear it :!: