Making friends

BreakingFree

I recently had an invite for coffee. I accepted, but paid for it . An invitation for lunch was extended by her, I accepted again. She called me once reminding me of the lunch date but I am still waiting. But going for lunch is not the issue.The fact that someone invited me for something is the issue! Not being the social kind and with people being aware of it, getting invited is pretty something to me.

We both work for the same company. After her call I sent her e-mails and went by her work stattion for a chat. I had no response from her since. Do I push the envelope, sent some more e-mails and go for chats or should I take it the brief "friendship" has run its cause. I do feel making more contact will be pushy as she seems to have lost interest.

Comments please. Ghee my self esteem problem does show!

SocialButterSlip

BreakingFree said:
I recently had an invite for coffee. I accepted, but paid for it . An invitation for lunch was extended by her, I accepted again. She called me once reminding me of the lunch date but I am still waiting. But going for lunch is not the issue.The fact that someone invited me for something is the issue! Not being the social kind and with people being aware of it, getting invited is pretty something to me.

We both work for the same company. After her call I sent her e-mails and went by her work stattion for a chat. I had no response from her since. Do I push the envelope, sent some more e-mails and go for chats or should I take it the brief "friendship" has run its cause. I do feel making more contact will be pushy as she seems to have lost interest.

Comments please. Ghee my self esteem problem does show!

Idk, but i think you came a to little strong or hard. How many e-mails did you send? A ok cool, would had sufficed until the lunch invitation thing.

SocialButterSlip

i misread your message, don't push it try to befriend some other people I really don't understand people sometimes but she may just want a lil space idk. just let her cool off and do something else befriend other people. Try not to prioritize a single person it fucks with your mind lol. Ok, your message is bit sketchy this all happened in one day? and if was one day 2 e-mails was overboard lol.

dan_e

This happens to me too. It's so confusing. Someone seems totally interested in you, then all of a sudden they completely ignore you. People initiate contact then we feel like the 'pushy' ones. I wonder if I weirded them out or what happened. Not knowing the reason for their sudden disinterest is perplexing.
It also might have to do with us not having friends. Other people seem to have so many things going on and so many friends to split their time amongst, maybe its not always personal and we're just getting lost in the shuffle.
Of course, it sucks either way! I feel your pain :wink: . Good luck. I hope things work out for you. Let us know.