makes me so mad, i could scream(if i could)

maggie

As far back as I remember, my words don't come out as loudly as I would like, sometimes they come out weird, like I'm all choked up or something, I hate it. I rarely raise my voice in public, people can usually hardly hear me, always have to repeat myself. Anyone else have this problem? :cry:

dan246

yep. just this morning i was buying a coffe and bagel and i had to repeat myself like 8 times.

Chilling__Echo

i hate that because if someone can't hear you they get annoyed, and if you can't hear someone else, they still get annoyed, when is someone patient?!?

terri

All the time! i really hate being in front of crowds and have to talk and someone's all ways like "speak up, i can't hear you!"
i always feel like screaming "well, why don't you shut up and listen!"
lol

Colin

Yep. The best reply recently was "Sorry, I know you're trying to avoid others listening in but I can't even hear you." in a loud voice. :lol: Then I had to repeat what I said in a louder voice, certainly others were tuning in by this point.

maggie

That sucks Colin, I can relate to that, cause at least once or twice, maybe many more times a day, I have to repeat myself! :evil: And sometimes my voice comes out so quiet, only I can hear it :lol: But, without fail, there are always plenty of loud, annoying people to point out how quiet we are, and how we need to speak up!! :wink:

Yossarian

Hmm, I hate it when people are quiet and I can't hear them. I don't mean to be offensive but you know, I'm not a dog. I have certain thresholds beyond which sound is impossible to pick up.

Quite frankly if someone keeps talking quietly I just give up. I'm not loud and I do have my moments about talking quietly to people, usually at checkouts but it's my fault not theirs.

The whole point about talking is so people can hear you. You are all smart people with something valuable to say. I know, like always it's easier said than done (God I'm sick of saying that) but believe in yourself. It would be a worse place (SPW) if you didn't 'speak' up and I'm glad that you do.

Go get the coffee, it's what they are there for.

tupac

been there before. every singal person who asks me my name also asks me to repeat myself because i have such a difficult name and i can say it as loud as i want, they always ask me to repeat it. and im quiet to begin with but i make sure i speak up when im talking to people now because it makes me feel anxious when i have to repeat myself.

maggie

hey Yossarian, i understand what you're saying, but for many of us, it is not a choice to speak quietly or loudly, it is extremely difficult....even impossible 8O to raise our voices....i mean, depending on the circumstance, i can't force my voice out louder, it just doesn't happen....and it feels horrible :oops:

Angie_05

beautiful_soul said:
same here!!!!!people can't hear me!!!!
how can we change that? :? ¿?

I think some of us don't even know that we're talking quietly. I feel like I am screaming when I speak loudly. I used to work in a call center and my customers would frequently ask me to speak louder (soooo annoying...especially cuz they always had TV's on and screaming kids in the background). One time I just said, "okay sorry" in a really loud clear voice and everyone around me turned and looked at me. I heard one laugh. Such a confusing and embarrassing situation.