mainstream culture

no1

Banned
mainstream society

I know I wasn't supposed to keep posting here, but I had to let this out. and I'm tired as hell right now so plz excuse me if I don't seem clear enough.
I also realize it's kind of late to be saying this also. it may be a reason why I feel like blaming society, and feel like everyone is evil a lot of times, and reasonably so...at least with my current mindstate.

Anyone else not really into mainstream stuff at all, and in fact disagree with it so much that you feel left out? Main stream everything like mainstream ideals, mainstream culture, mainstream media, politics, sex, education etc. I really feel there's a sinister agenda in all leaders of mainstream culture. Although there are some things I do like in mainstream.. mainly monogamy (?) as regards the sex thing. And the general idea that things are to be good. But the other side of mainstream.. I believe promotes something that goes against my own nature, and perhaps others as well, yet people go along with it because they have no choice but to conform or else they can't get what they need.

I guess, I have to find my own way, but I feel like it's just wrong to have to be so against everything in the first place because I'm supposed to be a social creature, but I wouldn't change it for anything because my values don't go along with it.

just wanted to read some of your thoughts on this topic.

with regards all.

Last edited:

Anomaly

Re: mainstream society

I guess, I have to find my own way, but I feel like it's just wrong to have to be so against everything in the first place because I'm supposed to be a social creature, but I wouldn't change it for anything because my values don't go along with it.
It's not wrong, it's simple. You basically justified yourself - it's not who you are. Is it preferable to being in the mainstream society? Who knows, but you won't be happy with fooling yourself.

I hate everything to about mainstream society. i mean wtf is going on? As far as i can see what is going on around me is just a load of bolloxology! its like everything is aimed at keeping young people hooked on drink, having sex, using youtube or facebook, partying, dressing the same, liking R'n'B music, going out every weekend and gettin pissed out of there heads,

"I really feel there's a sinister agenda in all leaders of mainstream culture" oh yes you dont know how right you are there! and i am glad to hear that you think that to because i know what there really up to and why there doing this but that is awhole diifferent story for a different forum try Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! if you wanna know more.

Anyways so yeah all this shit thats meant to be "cool" or what everyone else likes i am against dont get me wrong i have only just overcame my SA and i am well up for having a good time but not in the way people carry on nowadays. i just dont buy into all this bullshit that young people like infact hate it to be honest. I'm an individual who likes what i likes and when i tell people i'm not into all this going out, parting, dancing in clubs, drinkin or what have ya there like thats soo weird you dont like that OMG your an individual!....not a sheep like the rest of us fukin eejits who are sucked into this mainstream bullshit and kept there by stupid offers like "ohhh if your cool you need this top or ringtone or phone etc etc ehh fuk that! and while everyone is on this mainstream trip all the companys are laughing all the way to the bank, laughing at how stupid and easy it is to control a whole culture.

Lets slap a famous face on this or lets have this rapper/actor bring out a line of clothes or pefume and watch how everyone takes to it. Which is another thing people are now these days...too materialistic! Sure yeah its nice to have maybe a nice phone or mp3 player but buying the latest model of everything or the latest trend in clothes as soon as its released and because its "cool" give me a break. Material items dont mean shit i have bought them before my bedroom is full of gear like, ipods, big tv, expensive computer, laptop, xbox, stereo, turntables lots of pricy electronics now i bought these cause like gadgets the point i am making here is that i bought all this stuff cost me lots of money and none of it makes me happy i mean i use it for awhile then thats it i done with it and money too i do often have well not loads but enough yet i can never seem to find something good to get with it. i'm not any happier having lots of money to me money is just another material good it dont bring me any joy or do anything for me. I am happy to lend it out or get something for somebody with it if it makes them happy that gives more pleasure then an xbox or ipod.

So to end this rant i am an individual who likes his own things and wont be bought into the mainstream with crap rap ringtones and half price beer offeres at clubs on weekends!

Last edited:

no1

Banned
I hate everything to about mainstream society. i mean wtf is going on? As far as i can see what is going on around me is just a load of bolloxology! its like everything is aimed at keeping young people hooked on drink, having sex, using youtube or facebook, partying, dressing the same, liking R'n'B music, going out every weekend and gettin pissed out of there heads,

"I really feel there's a sinister agenda in all leaders of mainstream culture" oh yes you dont know how right you are there! and i am glad to hear that you think that to because i know what there really up to and why there doing this but that is awhole diifferent story for a different forum try Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! if you wanna know more.

Anyways so yeah all this shit thats meant to be "cool" or what everyone else likes i am against dont get me wrong i have only just overcame my SA and i am well up for having a good time but not in the way people carry on nowadays. i just dont buy into all this bullshit that young people like infact hate it to be honest. I'm an individual who likes what i likes and when i tell people i'm not into all this going out, parting, dancing in clubs, drinkin or what have ya there like thats soo weird you dont like that OMG your an individual!....not a sheep like the rest of us fukin eejits who are sucked into this mainstream bullshit and kept there by stupid offers like "ohhh if your cool you need this top or ringtone or phone etc etc ehh fuk that! and while everyone is on this mainstream trip all the companys are laughing all the way to the bank, laughing at how stupid and easy it is to control a whole culture.

Lets slap a famous face on this or lets have this rapper/actor bring out a line of clothes or pefume and watch how everyone takes to it. Which is another thing people are now these days...too materialistic! Sure yeah its nice to have maybe a nice phone or mp3 player but buying the latest model of everything or the latest trend in clothes as soon as its released and because its "cool" give me a break. Material items dont mean shit i have bought them before my bedroom is full of gear like, ipods, big tv, expensive computer, laptop, xbox, stereo, turntables lots of pricy electronics now i bought these cause like gadgets the point i am making here is that i bought all this stuff cost me lots of money and none of it makes me happy i mean i use it for awhile then thats it i done with it and money too i do often have well not loads but enough yet i can never seem to find something good to get with it. i'm not any happier having lots of money to me money is just another material good it dont bring me any joy or do anything for me. I am happy to lend it out or get something for somebody with it if it makes them happy that gives more pleasure then an xbox or ipod.

So to end this rant i am an individual who likes his own things and wont be bought into the mainstream with crap rap ringtones and half price beer offeres at clubs on weekends!

I'm sorry. but about alex jones: some of the stuff he says is cool because I am a conspiracy minded person, but sometimes I also think he's just an agent of disinformation, perhaps placed there to confuse people, under the guise of being 'good'. I also consider him pretty mainstream for the conspiracy scene. A person like him who has generated such a large following.. and besides I've read some of his stuff. Some of it is just.. well not true. It's funny actually. he's like right in the middle of being extremist and non extremist so to a lot of people he looks extremist, but if you say he is extremist then he actually does seem so, but then all the good ideas he had tend to be thrown out the window. Maybe he's not so much extremist as much as he is sometimes just wrong on many of the stuff he puts out there. Perhaps he's a victim of mind control or delusions as well. that's all I gotta say about him. There are better sources of information than him. almost everytime he says something like a prediction or something, it usually ends up wrong (or so I believe I have seen).

Last edited:

JCS008

The media and mainstream society/culture do a huge job of trying to shape the way people should be. Some of it makes sense, but some definitely doesn't. Obviously, mainstream culture says we should be friendly to others, not steal, cheat, lie, rape, or harm others. Which is true, we shouldn't

But when they say what's "normal" and what isn't normal. Like people who are homosexual, I don't see why that's anyone's business but their own. Or dating someone who may be different. Like there's nothing wrong with dating someone overweight, short, or just of a different race. Society will say its odd for someone's idea of a good time is to sit in front of their computer all day, to sit under a tree and write in a journal all day, or enjoy something "geeky" like Star Wars or Star Trek. I mean, does it really matter what someone's interests are? It doesn't affect you at all

But then again, people who don't go with the norm have no right to judge people who do stick with trends though. If a new car, clothes or gadgets make someone happy, then so be it. Who cares really? If they're happy getting the new iPhone that comes ouut every year, is it really your place to judge and say they're superficial? It's a double standard in that sense if they say YOU are being a nerd by sitting in front of your computer all day.

Just my thoughts

I Like Pie

This is my solution. I have absolutely no idea what goes in in the outside world, and I really don't care. Ahh depravity. Like I don't watch the news, or any sort of thing like that. Obviously if something huge happens you should know it, and you will, there's no getting around that. You know if you hate mainstream society so much, then why do you buy into it and listen to it so much? Do you believe "Whoever controls the Media, Controls the mind."? Sure it will if you let it. I'm happier in my little delusional world.

By the way, no one but you said you should stop posting here. You should just stop making such angry posts...

no1

Banned
Re: I Like Pie

This is my solution. I have absolutely no idea what goes in in the outside world, and I really don't care. Ahh depravity. Like I don't watch the news, or any sort of thing like that. Obviously if something huge happens you should know it, and you will, there's no getting around that. You know if you hate mainstream society so much, then why do you buy into it and listen to it so much? Do you believe "Whoever controls the Media, Controls the mind."? Sure it will if you let it. I'm happier in my little delusional world.

By the way, no one but you said you should stop posting here. You should just stop making such angry posts...

obviously I care about it because it affects me DIRECTLY and INDIRECTLY. Why do you think I'm such a hermit? My values are in DIRECT conflict with the majority. When i mean direct.. I mean, that if I ever participate in any social activity their is bound to be problems. I am an outcast. God forbid I go crazy again.

Last edited:
Blurgh!

Okay ugh. I try to post something nice for once and you like freak out and yell at me. Obviously, you weren't listening at all. It affects you because you let, duh. The majority? lol, there is no majority. Maybe in some things. If there was an overwhelming majority as you so claim then why is everything so in conflict? It's because so many people see so many things differently. Screw this. You don't even want to listen.

no1

Banned
Re: Blurgh!

Okay ugh. I try to post something nice for once and you like freak out and yell at me. Obviously, you weren't listening at all. It affects you because you let, duh. The majority? lol, there is no majority. Maybe in some things. If there was an overwhelming majority as you so claim then why is everything so in conflict? It's because so many people see so many things differently. Screw this. You don't even want to listen.

Wow. I wasn't even "yelling". I just captilzed some words.

And the "effect" it has on me is NOT purely emotional. It's not because I simply "let it". It is what it is,and there's nothing I can do about it. We are different, and that's that.

jeez.

no1

Banned
it wasn't my desire to show any proof, I'm just expressing my opinion Redzer. I am very much a conspiracy minded person, much like yourself I bet. I just don't believe in alex jones too much because he is a very mainstream conspiracy theorist much like Michael Moore.

but I may also be wrong. I'm just sayin those are the impressions I get.

it wasn't my desire to show any proof, I'm just expressing my opinion Redzer. I am very much a conspiracy minded person, much like yourself I bet. I just don't believe in alex jones too much because he is a very mainstream conspiracy theorist much like Michael Moore.

but I may also be wrong. I'm just sayin those are the impressions I get.

yes i am, but as you know with dealing with people such as myself if you your going to say stuff like that to a fellow conspiracy minded person be prepared to have reason and proof for your claims thats all mate :)

Also i dont believe everything that he says but i do take notice of it ::p:

Cynic

Re: mainstream society

Anyone else not really into mainstream stuff at all, and in fact disagree with it so much that you feel left out?
Definetely.

I really feel there's a sinister agenda in all leaders of mainstream culture.
Indeed.

while everyone is on this mainstream trip all the companys are laughing all the way to the bank, laughing at how stupid and easy it is to control a whole culture.
Aye and whenever they complain about poverty, its always welfare scroungers, single mums, immigrants etc. to blame. Never the bankers, politicians or the often exploitative employers that suck it all up at the expense of everyone else. More fool the masses of morons. I have no time for them either.

Material items dont mean shit i have bought them before
I have too, and they only made me feel good for a few days/hours. Beyond that they mean nothing to me either.

I'm sorry. but about alex jones: some of the stuff he says is cool because I am a conspiracy minded person, but sometimes I also think he's just an agent of disinformation, perhaps placed there to confuse people, under the guise of being 'good'.
LOL the more I've listened to him, the more I'm inclined to agree. He is full of scaremongering and doom and gloom. While there may be a very large grain of truth in things he says, I do suspect the allegations that he is controlled by certain factions of the ruling class may also have some truth in them too. :-/

I also consider him pretty mainstream for the conspiracy scene. A person like him who has generated such a large following.. and besides I've read some of his stuff. Some of it is just.. well not true. It's funny actually. he's like right in the middle of being extremist and non extremist so to a lot of people he looks extremist, but if you say he is extremist then he actually does seem so, but then all the good ideas he had tend to be thrown out the window. Maybe he's not so much extremist as much as he is sometimes just wrong on many of the stuff he puts out there. Perhaps he's a victim of mind control or delusions as well. that's all I gotta say about him. There are better sources of information than him. almost everytime he says something like a prediction or something, it usually ends up wrong (or so I believe I have seen).
Never trust anyone in politics. ;)

Do you believe "Whoever controls the Media, Controls the mind."? Sure it will if you let it.
And most people do.

I'm happier in my little delusional world.
As are the deluded masses, lol.

I just don't believe in alex jones too much because he is a very mainstream conspiracy theorist much like Michael Moore.
Alex Jones doesn't have much time for Michael Moore either. I wouldn't be surprised if every conspiracy pundit was controlled by the elites.

mimi1988

its like everything is aimed at keeping young people hooked on drink, having sex, using youtube or facebook, partying, dressing the same, liking R'n'B music, going out every weekend and gettin pissed out of there heads,

Ha ha, yeah, I know what you mean. I know I've always been "different" than most young people. But I've never really given it too much thought; or at least not as much as you have. I'm my own person. I've always been this way. But I'm not like to the extreme or anything lol. I do try to conform to the latest trends, to some extent, because let's face it, no one likes being an outcast. To be quite honest, I'm not really sure who I'd be if I didn't have SA.

BTW, I was planning a trip to NY, but my funds are kinda low.......
Just thought I'd throw that out there ;)
J/K...... Well, not really!
Lol.

becc

Hey No1 I think a really good documentary to watch, is Adam Curtis' "Century of the Self" (If you can find it...)

Has anybody seen it? It was shown on BBC once and then locked away. Some people out there have taped it on VHS when it was aired and are distributing it on DVD.

It is incredibly sobering and enlightening look at the psychology behind marketing, the creation of 'image', politics etc. So if you are feeling at odds with culture and image and marketing, politics I really recommend finding a copy, rather than being a pessimistic outlook on our culture, it gives you an understanding of how we got to where we are. It is the history of "selfishness" and "cool". This is all HISTORY, facts and events, not conspiracy. And everybody should watch it ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blurb:
"To many in both politics and business, the triumph of the self is the ultimate expression of democracy, where power has finally moved to the people. Certainly people may feel they are in charge, but are they really? Century of the Self tells the untold and sometimes controversial story of the growth of the mass-consumer society in Britain and the United States. How was the all-consuming self created, by whom, and in whose interests?

The Freud dynasty is at the heart of this compelling social history. Sigmund Freud, founder of psychoanalysis; Edward Bernays, who invented public relations; Anna Freud, Sigmund's devoted daughter and present-day public relations guru

Sigmund Freud's work into the bubbling and murky world of the subconscious changed the world. By introducing a technique to probe the unconscious mind, Freud provided useful tools for understanding the secret desires of the masses. Unwittingly, his work served as the precursor to a world full of political spin doctors, marketing moguls, and society's belief that the persuit of satisfaction and happiness is mans ultimate goal"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is only natural for people with SA (those ones who feel like a bit of a social outcast anyway) to resent and feel suspicious of the rules of conformity and fitting in to certain image groups/subcultures.

If anybody is interested I may be able to find where to get them. BBC owns copyright, but has it under lock and key... perhaps it is too enlightening.

""We must shift America from a needs- to a desires-culture. People must be trained to desire, to want new things, even before the old have been entirely consumed. [...] Man's desires must overshadow his needs." - Paul Mazer, a Wall Street banker working for Lehman Brothers in the 1930s

Cynic

I saw that a couple of years ago. In fact, I may even have a copy somewhere on one of my DVD backups. Adam Curtis has done a couple of other documentries worth watching such as 'The Trap', and the excellent 'The Power of Nightmares'.