Maid of honor/best man?

PhantomPod

My cousin is getting married this summer and I just went to her bridal shower the other day and it really got me thinking of how I don't even have a close friend who could be my future maid of honor, yet alone have more than one friend for the other bridesmaids in my wedding party. My cousin just had so many of her girlfriends there and they put on the bridal shower and everything for her.

It just has been making me feel extra depressed lately when I think of how I have no friends for my future wedding party. I want to get married and have a family very badly, but when I think about how I don't have any friends, let alone a boyfriend/future husband, it just leaves me with no hope for my future.

It truly just feels like I'm stuck in my lonely life and I don't know how I got so left behind. Like most people's friends seems to be ones they've had since high school or college. I don't know how I went through those years of my life without making at least one friend.

I mean, honesly, I'm only 21 years old, so I could say "oh, I have plenty of time!" Plenty of time to meet people, plenty of time before I settle down, etc, but it does not feel like I do at all.

slimjim119

Try to focus on the positives in your life. Hopefully all the missing pieces will fall into place. At 21, you have plenty of time. By reading some of your posts you mentioned your in college, and working. There's always new opportunities to meet new friends. I know its easy to say. I have some of the same problems. Sometimes you meet new people when you least expect it.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Alot of people we are envious of, may have other problems we are not aware of. There is no perfect life.

wooaah

I agree that you have a lot of time. But perhaps its not the best to think that everything will fall into place by itself.

You current anxiety could be a good thing. Perhaps you can use it to your favor, and fuel yourself to reach out to more people.

I agree with slimjim though in that there is no perfect life, just different lives.