Low testosterone?

chris420

Hi all,

Just wondering if any guys here think they might have low test. and if it may be related to SA/depression. Personally I do have a pretty healthy sex drive, but I don't feel masculine enough, and don't have much facial hair compared to most (I'm almost 20). I feel like I have a lot of feminine traits, like getting into neurotic moods through the day, worryin all the time, and not so many male ones. I feel like this may have actually been caused by SA somehow, like sitting indoors all day and stressin out all the time might decrease test. level, anyone know?

I think with more test. I'd probs. be a lot more proactive in life and possibly more successful with girls cause there'd be more 'natural male instinct'. I watched a programme where this guy got a load of test. injections and he became a lot more successful in life generally.

Wow glad I got that off my chest. If anyone can relate please reply. Thanks

SocialRetahd

Just because you don't have facial hair, doesn't mean you have low testosterone. It could be genetic reasons.

I did get testosterone transdermals from the doctor and it helped my mood and my ability to concentrate. It's true, depression in men can be caused by low testosterone. So get tested, and remember that low normal isn't an acceptable range for a guy under 25.

chris420

Hi SocialRetahd, can hypogonadalism reverse itself when no longer stressed? or is it a permanant affliction?

I went to the doc before, mentioned it in passing and she told me if I had any facial hair at all & sex drive then I probably don't have test. problems, I'm not convinced though...my facial features aren't masculine either really, thin jaw & face, big eyes, large forehead etc

shield

I get it! I used to think the same so I got my testosterone measure and it was 750 ngper litre which is slightly above average. I thought I was effeminate looking and I wanted to be more rugged and masculine. Its basically a form of transferrance you are looking for a logical reason why you have SA and your overanalyzing and comparing yourself with others. Men are men because of their character not what they look like. Many manly men are not physically intimidating and not particularly masculine: Alpacino in Scarface, Napoleon only 5ft 4, Hitler, Joe Pesci in Goodfellas, Bruce Lee, Ray Leonard (boxer), Gandhi. The Navy Seals will be the 1st to tell you that its not the strongest man but the strongest character that is respected and who ultimately makes it into the SEALS. If your worried go get it measured and PM me to tell me it was normal. And I will say told u so ha!

Thelema

Exercise with heavy weights will increase testosterone and everything else that exercise increases...In fact, poor performance in the weight room could be an indicator of low testosterone so theres a natural test right there

Features don't really matter much...Some people just have different proportions and features that are purely genetic. If you don't grow much facial hair, ask your mom and dad if that runs on their side of the family...same with being naturally skinny or being naturally more heavy set...all those traits are purely genetic

Do a google search for Mystery and Mystery Method. Mystery is like a freaking tall toothpick that has no masculinity on the surface, but gets more girls than anybody and makes a living off his ability to do so by teaching others to do the same

Aggressiveness is more of learned trait than having to do with hormones, in my experience anyway. I'm usually not an aggressive guy, but I am given the incentive to be so. I just have the personality of being layed back, rather than aggressive

Lewis

shield said:
Men are men because of their character not what they look like.

awesome! bang on! I totally agree!

although I'd like to add that I also wonder if I'm missing a few genes or chemicals sometimes, because I have little facial and body hair too, and I still look pretty young for a 25 year old, and also have many feminine features and characteristics.

so it could possibly be true that there are links, but I guess you'd really need to talk to an expert.

until then, I'm gonna crack on and make the best out of what God's given me!

Kien

I wish I had a little bit more facial hair. :3 I don't have any on the cheeks. Only on the chin. :/

BikeChicklet

certain nationalities less likely to have facial hair

I don't know if by any chance you're of Irish descent, but I know that there's a tendency among some people who are Irish to have little facial hair and body hair in general.

I think what some people are saying here about it being an issue of genetics instead of hormones per se is right. But if you're curious you can always have yourself tested, and then you'll know.

de

Re: certain nationalities less likely to have facial hair

BikeChicklet said:
I don't know if by any chance you're of Irish descent, but I know that there's a tendency among some people who are Irish to have little facial hair and body hair in general.

I think what some people are saying here about it being an issue of genetics instead of hormones per se is right. But if you're curious you can always have yourself tested, and then you'll know.
lol im irish and im as hairy as they come and most irish people i know are the same apart from the male pattern baldness